• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

I already posted this in the PGM thread, but I believe this 10center thread needs more war books....and I know this is a GA book, but it still costs 10cents.....

Foxhole2a.jpg

That is really wild. I did a total doubletake when I saw this, because it looks like late 70s/early 80s Kirby.

I already posted this in the PGM thread, but I believe this 10center thread needs more war books....and I know this is a GA book, but it still costs 10cents.....

Foxhole2a.jpg

That is really wild. I did a total doubletake when I saw this, because it looks like late 70s/early 80s Kirby.

The colors on this book are also almost psychodelic (SP?) which makes one think that it was a '70s Kirby. I paid 3x guide for this and will never regret it.....OSPG is way off their pricing on this book, for I think this is a scarce issue or even rare....How many here have seen this book, ever.

Wow, what a fantastic book! NEVER seen that one before. The colors are unreal. Thanks for posting it.

Great cover! I love comic book covers that contrast bright green against red. That book just went on my want list.

Ken

The colors on this book are also almost psychodelic (SP?) which makes one think that it was a '70s Kirby. I paid 3x guide for this and will never regret it.....OSPG is way off their pricing on this book, for I think this is a scarce issue or even rare....How many here have seen this book, ever.

I was just talking about the art style, but now that you mention it, the colors are pretty psychedelic. Maybe Kirby was doing LSD long before Timothy Leary! tongue.gif

Thanks. I wonder why there is no issue number on this book. If I remember correctly, there were a few DC books that didn't have the issue number on them. Is that right?

Sweeeeet!

#1 Issues were published without a number in order to give the appearance of longevity and popularity.

This is one of my favorite greytone covers. The colors and gloss on this book are unreal with white pages. The green on the book is actually more of an emerald green and not as yellow as the scan shows.

Ken

sa80.jpg

That book is insanely cool! hail.gif