• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

Nice book! That & The LL 15 were ones I was referring too! I'd be happy with that copy! laugh.gif

Soon as I upgrade, you will be first to know! hi.gif

I recently upgraded this:

sm135.jpg

to this:

sm135cgc.jpg

Would like a similiar copy for that 132.

Shiver,

Not all my books are high grade. Here is an example of one I would like to upgrade and is the same type of cover as the Adventure you posted:

sm132.jpg

I had a very tough time finiding a nice copy of this book, so when it got down to this being the last issue I needed between 129-200 I just got myslef a "placeholder"...unfortunaltely I have only seen one graded copy since then that I liked and it went for more than I wanted to spend. Which brings up a different point...I don't spend "stupid" money on my books. I may occasionaly pay more than I would like to but I am generally conservative. Being a higher grade collector who always watches what they spend can be a bit frustrating, but also pretty rewarding when you get some of those books you have been looking for. shy.gif

By the way...the last of these types of covers can be found in Lois Lane 15, which I do not have a copy of. Perhaps Steelcity or someone else has a nice copy of the book to post. poke2.gif

My Lois Lane #15 is not a very impressive copy, though I have seen a nice one here on the boards. I do have OK copies of both Adventure #248 and Superman #132:

AdventureComics248.jpg

Superman132.jpg

I've always like these multi-panel covers.

Action211.jpg

Adv248.jpg

I like the aliens on this Superboy sci-fi cover!

Superboy88.jpg

Amazing Ian, I just received this book in the mail today. This particular issue was a pain to locate in nice shape. It's amazing how some issues are so much more difficult to get in nice shape than others. The WF 91 I have seen more than a few nice copies, and you would think it would be scarcer due to 1957 being generally more difficult to find in grade than 1961.

World's Finest #92 has a really dynamic look. Silver mentioned that #91 seems to turn up occasionally - yet only one issue later and this book is hardly seen at all.

Superman finally gets a side-kick, at least for a short while...

WorldsFinest92a.jpg

Agreed! Stunning copy of a very difficult issue! The 90's WF are overall tough to get in grade. The 91 is the only exception in my opinion. Beautiful book Ian! hail.gif

The back covers are quite often better than the front covers -- as in the wonderful example below from Silver. Even in high grade most of the front covers would look pretty lame -- non-descript Romita.

I'll take non descript Romita anyday over much of what passes for art in modern comics. Romita cloud9.gif

If those were the options I would go with Romita as well. I have a handful of the DC Romance issues so there are definitely ones that I like -- but I have found that I like the back covers better.

Atlas, btw, has some very nice romance covers in this time period. Most of them are not good (Atlas was a factory producing way too much product) but in process a minority of them are quite good. Vince Colleta (an evil name to some due to his inking of Kirby) knew how to draw attractive ladies.

Let's see em!

By the way...I found one more 10 cent romance I didn't realize I owned...I will scan it soon.

SecretHearts49.jpg