• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,655 posts in this topic

I finally got around to scanning one of my favorite Silver Age gems...1st app of that crazy spelunker...Cave Carson. Great story and art - very rare in HG.

BB_31.jpg

I agree, great, underrated book. Loved CC when I was a kid, and I bought a copy of this one with my hard earned paper route money.

Okay, I spent a stupid amount of time putting all my CGC book in my registry, scanning every book and writing a description. Please click on my signature bar and take a look as my views are in the single digits (hey we all can't be Captain Tripps!) lol

Ahh...a new pre-hero B&B enters my collection. Factoid: this issue has the origin of Robin Hood by Russ Heath (well..actually its Robin Hood's adventures as a boy).

BB_15.jpg

dang! Where do you find these? :frustrated:

Ahh...a new pre-hero B&B enters my collection. Factoid: this issue has the origin of Robin Hood by Russ Heath (well..actually its Robin Hood's adventures as a boy).

BB_15.jpg

Boy, I'd love to read that story about Robin's adventures as a boy. Any chance you can at least give us a concise summary of the story.

Thanks--Steve

Okay, I spent a stupid amount of time putting all my CGC book in my registry, scanning every book and writing a description. Please click on my signature bar and take a look as my views are in the single digits (hey we all can't be Captain Tripps!) lol

Well, I've had a look through a lot of your listings and what an extremely impressive set of books!

It was not a stupid amount of time you spent doing this task, Danny. Your enthusiasm for comic books is a beacon to outshine us all!

Edited by steelcity

BB_15.jpg

Boy, I'd love to read that story about Robin's adventures as a boy. Any chance you can at least give us a concise summary of the story.

Thanks--Steve

I think I have a beat up reader of this book I can scan.

BB_15.jpg

Thanks--Steve

Sure thing Steve...

The story is an untold tale of Robin as a boy. It seems that young Robin is having trouble pulling back on a mighty bow...the young lad just was not strong enough. Robin's father is looking for him -- as its time for his squire lessons. Robin is, meanwhile, hanging out with "Old Hugh" who is trying to teach him the finer points of archery.

While looking for Robin, some highwaymen are about to overtake his dad in an ambush. The adrenelin must have been flowing as Robin is finally able to use the bow and help save his dad, covertly from the forest. And that's the story in all its Silver age simplicity! Good show...aye what?

Bill

BB_15.jpg

Thanks--Steve

Sure thing Steve...

The story is an untold tale of Robin as a boy. It seems that young Robin is having trouble pulling back on a mighty bow...the young lad just was not strong enough. Robin's father is looking for him -- as its time for his squire lessons. Robin is, meanwhile, hanging out with "Old Hugh" who is trying to teach him the finer points of archery.

While looking for Robin, some highwaymen are about to overtake his dad in an ambush. The adrenelin must have been flowing as Robin is finally able to use the bow and help save his dad, covertly from the forest. And that's the story in all its Silver age simplicity! Good show...aye what?

Bill

the joy of having readers:

bb15rh1.jpg

bb15rh2.jpg

bb15rh3.jpg

bb15rh4.jpg

bb15rh5.jpg

bb15rh6.jpg

Thanks, Silver!

Heath is soooo good.

BB_15.jpg

Thanks--Steve

I think I have a beat up reader of this book I can scan. [/quote

Please do so. Either with a PM or directly on the thread.

Thanks

BB_15.jpg

Nice copy!

For the longest time I thought I had this issue. Then I realized I was confusing it with this issue, and that I didn't own one...

BB10-1.jpg

BB_15.jpg

Nice copy!

For the longest time I thought I had this issue. Then I realized I was confusing it with this issue, and that I didn't own one...

BB10-1.jpg

Hey, that a nice copy! Shining ..er.. I mean SILENT Knight does not get the credit he deserves!

Edited by AtlasFan

BB_15.jpg

Thanks--Steve

Sure thing Steve...

Bill

the joy of having readers:

bb15rh1.jpg

bb15rh2.jpg

bb15rh3.jpg

bb15rh4.jpg

bb15rh5.jpg

bb15rh6.jpg

Thanks for Sharing, AtlasFan. That's a cool story. I'll be at the SDCC this summer; I'll put the book on my want list. It was cool for you to take the time to scan the entire story. Much obliged.

Steve