• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,656 posts in this topic

I saw that one on the greytone thread. Very cool.

Have you read it? What's the knight doing with a girl that looks like she's from a Caribbean island?

Haven't read it yet, but I will soon.

One thing I'm not clear on is the Viking Prince's romantic life. It seems like he has a different girl from issue to issue. I'll have to investigate this extremely important issue.

Fortunately, all of them are pretty hot...

This thread is a little dead. I posted this one in the greytone thread but I'm not sure anyone follows that anymore.

Since this came in the mail I've repeatedly soaked in the details of the artwork. There's so much to like on this cover!

BB22.jpg

Sure looks like a prototype for thor and lady sif! I wonder if those type of helmets were common for warriors from that period.

Not in-hand yet, but I am excited to have won a decent looking copy of this book, and equally happy with a pricetag under $100. Hard to track these early Peanuts down!

!Bdo6U1gB2k~$(KGrHqIOKiwEq4bSsd8jBK5z2Hnl-w~~_3.JPG

Wow, sharp looking copy. One of these days I want to collect these. Talk about great Americana...

Congrats!

Not in-hand yet, but I am excited to have won a decent looking copy of this book, and equally happy with a pricetag under $100. Hard to track these early Peanuts down!

!Bdo6U1gB2k~$(KGrHqIOKiwEq4bSsd8jBK5z2Hnl-w~~_3.JPG

Wow, sharp looking copy. One of these days I want to collect these. Talk about great Americana...

Congrats!

Thanks! Yep, they are great Americana. That's exactly why I am collecting them. They are also surprisingly tough to find in decent shape. The occasional File Copy pops up, but everything else seems to be VG and lower.

Owning an original strip would be the ultimate, but until I find $10,000 in a taxicab I will have to settle for the comics.

The occasional File Copy pops up, but everything else seems to be VG and lower.

Very true. My copy is probably G/VG but for $3 :takeit:

Great pick-up :applause:

Yeah, $3 is not too bad. lol

Does anyone know if Hale did all the Peanuts covers and stories? Did Schulz do any at all?

Does anyone know if Hale did all the Peanuts covers and stories? Did Schulz do any at all?

Peanuts - A Comic Book History

Check the middle of the page for comment on who did what. But, maybe, you've already gone over this page.

Gracias. Great link.

This is the first time I have seen that page, as I just recently got interested in Peanuts.

Check the middle of the page for comment on who did what. But, maybe, you've already gone over this page.

Gracias. Great link.

This is the first time I have seen that page, as I just recently got interested in Peanuts.

Good read. I really like the cover to Peanuts #1 where they are playing ball in the living room.

Gracias. Great link.

Just quickly skimmed through the page...looks fascinating. I didn't realize there were so many appearances.

I've always heard that Schulz did some of the covers. Certainly some of them look like his art...including yours, October.

Action210.jpg

Here is the first Action since Action 18 that doesn't have Superman on the cover. Picked it up at SDCC from Motor City Comics. It's been a grail of mine for a while.

If you can't read the issue number it's Action 210!

Could this be a ... wash-tone cover?

Action210.jpg

Here is the first Action since Action 18 that doesn't have Superman on the cover. Picked it up at SDCC from Motor City Comics. It's been a grail of mine for a while.

I love this cover too. Never thought of it as a washtone, but now that you mention it, it seems to have some of the characteristics.

Ken

Action210.jpg

I love this cover too. Never thought of it as a washtone, but now that you mention it, it seems to have some of the characteristics.

Ken

I don't think it's a washtone but it's a very cool book!!!! :applause:

Action210.jpg

Ken

I don't think it's a washtone but it's a very cool book!!!! :applause:

I checked the census on the book and there is only one slabbed copy--a 5.5. I think this copy would grade right around that perhaps a 5.5 or 6.0, but I don't think I'll have it slabbed. The story was printed only once that I know of: in 1973 in a super giant size of The Amazing World of Metropolis. Turns out that Michael Goldman of Motor City Comics had a copy of that book so I bought that as well. Also, I think the story and the art may have been an inspiration for the Superman Festival every June in Metropolis, Illinois. Just conjecture, of course!

Action210.jpg

What a cool book! I've never seen it before. Actions from right around that time period seem to be uncommon.

I never get to post in this thread so I figure I would scan up this mess I received with a lot of Atlas War books, which I really wanted. Not bad for free I guess (shrug)

Can't beat free. That's an early one.