• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Spring Featured Auction, post 'em if you got 'em

111 posts in this topic

Dang - shouldn't have check out the auction. Now I've got a few hopefully bids and I'll have to stop back in tonight. Very nice books as always.

Who else bid on Comic Connect last week?

I won a couple small books but most of the ones I wanted went way over GPA.

I picked up the Marvel Premier #16 9.8 on CC last week. Wasnt too interested until I saw the last GPA sale for one was in September 2014 for $450.

Nice pick up!

They had More Fun 73 & 74 in high grade. As the More Fun 73 was around $30K (went for more than $70K in the end) I set my sights on the 74.

Last GPA sale was $4,600 book went for over $15K.

Sweet - just won this gem for a great price. Not too fond of the page quality but the centering is fantastic.

Spiderman%2015_zps5sgy87te.jpg

I thought that the ASM 23 Old Label 8.5 was upgradable. Apparently someone had the same thoughts but a bit stronger than I did. In fact, apparently they believed it was double 8.5 GPA upgradable.

I had my eye on this issue...need to backfill this book having sold my 9.2...had market price in mind of +/- $600...maybe $650...went for $1005. Not sure what's going on here...old label so the buyer thinks this is worthy of an upgrade to 9.2 say (shrug) but 9.2 is $1200-ish...after fees stress etc what are we looking at? a $100 profit? Lot of effort there...

Now if that is not the case...the buyer is looking to park this in their collection for the long haul (it is a pretty nicely presenting copy) they've paid almost double GPA high. hm Personally, I've done the same and it hasn't always worked out so well when circumstances dictate to resell the book...

ASM_18_zpstmga5aok.jpg

I thought that the ASM 23 Old Label 8.5 was upgradable. Apparently someone had the same thoughts but a bit stronger than I did. In fact, apparently they believed it was double 8.5 GPA upgradable.

I think the ASM 129 CGC 8.5 going for more then the CGC 9.0 was strange but the 8.5 looks like it may have some upgrade potential where as the 9.0 looks like its as high as it can go.

Crud - that Daredevil 4 CGC 9.0 is calling my name but it looks like someone else wants it a bit more then me. Gorgeous book.