• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Spring Featured Auction, post 'em if you got 'em

111 posts in this topic

I had my eye on this issue...need to backfill this book having sold my 9.2...had market price in mind of +/- $600...maybe $650...went for $1005. Not sure what's going on here...old label so the buyer thinks this is worthy of an upgrade to 9.2 say (shrug) but 9.2 is $1200-ish...after fees stress etc what are we looking at? a $100 profit? Lot of effort there...

Now if that is not the case...the buyer is looking to park this in their collection for the long haul (it is a pretty nicely presenting copy) they've paid almost double GPA high. hm Personally, I've done the same and it hasn't always worked out so well when circumstances dictate to resell the book...

I text messaged another boardie before that I noticed the same thing. Old Label ASM's were going for almost double GPA for their assigned grade. I can be patient. I was looking to upgrade my ASM 23. Looks like I am tapping out on CLink until Thursday when the art comes up to the block.

That is the beauty of being an ASM collector. We get to know pretty quick whether or not we are going home with something or not thanks to alphabetically ordered listings.

Yeah I was watching that thinking it was way underpriced for a while. Then there must have been a couple snipers because it didn't end up that way.

Yeah, with a few minutes to go it was going low but at least two big snipes must have come in. Beautiful book and the way high-grade GA books have been going, maybe it was worth it.

I thought that the ASM 23 Old Label 8.5 was upgradable. Apparently someone had the same thoughts but a bit stronger than I did. In fact, apparently they believed it was double 8.5 GPA upgradable.

I think the ASM 129 CGC 8.5 going for more then the CGC 9.0 was strange but the 8.5 looks like it may have some upgrade potential where as the 9.0 looks like its as high as it can go.

Because he is now casted in the DD season 2.

Book will be even hotter than usual now. Sellers got a bonus with that announcement going live just a couple hours a go.

This was a total impulse buy, but I couldn't pass up an opportunity to get the second ever comic book on the cheap (relatively speaking).

RADF47E02015316_22320.jpg

Love that comic :luhv:

If you ever tire of it, I'm your huckleberry

So far 0 for 4. But I'm not bidding GPA highs. Have three more bids tonight. One I'm kind of hoping I get outbid on. So I'll probably get outbid on the other two instead.

Can I call it or what. Outbid on the two I wanted to win and won the one I was hoping I would get outbid on. Oh well.

I thought that the ASM 23 Old Label 8.5 was upgradable. Apparently someone had the same thoughts but a bit stronger than I did. In fact, apparently they believed it was double 8.5 GPA upgradable.

I think the ASM 129 CGC 8.5 going for more then the CGC 9.0 was strange but the 8.5 looks like it may have some upgrade potential where as the 9.0 looks like its as high as it can go.

Because he is now casted in the DD season 2.

Book will be even hotter than usual now. Sellers got a bonus with that announcement going live just a couple hours a go.

I was bidding on those; the 8.0 and 8.5 both looked better than the 9.0 IMO

I text messaged another boardie before that I noticed the same thing. Old Label ASM's were going for almost double GPA for their assigned grade.

The CPR game has practically made old label books extinct. Old labels represent value. The marketplace is rewarding for originality here. I'm telling you, don't get your old label books reholdered.