• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Spring Featured Auction, post 'em if you got 'em

111 posts in this topic

RADBCD002015519_93648_zpsb4x8twqo.jpg

I got the book I really wanted! Batman's first Sci-Fi cover. Don't know about GPA, but I got it for $100 under guide

A copy of this book in 6.0 was the very first graded GA book I ever purchased. There was something really cool about cover for a comic from this time period. Nice pickup and congratulations.

I made my first CLink purchase tonight and grabbed the ASM 13 in a 6.0 label. I've been looking for a copy in that range for a LONG time so I'm stoked. I thought it was a good price.

(thumbs u

I got the book I really wanted! Batman's first Sci-Fi cover. Don't know about GPA, but I got it for $100 under guide

A copy of this book in 6.0 was the very first graded GA book I ever purchased. There was something really cool about cover for a comic from this time period. Nice pickup and congratulations.

(thumbs u Thanks

A Jim Mooney cover very cool pickup from a great artist.Congrats!

I text messaged another boardie before that I noticed the same thing. Old Label ASM's were going for almost double GPA for their assigned grade.

The CPR game has practically made old label books extinct. Old labels represent value. The marketplace is rewarding for originality here. I'm telling you, don't get your old label books reholdered.

Well stated, and its not just GA or SA, Bronze and even Copper old label books seem to carry somewhat of a premium these days.

I missed out on a book that only went $38 over my tracking bid. Really wish I would have been able to be at my computer when it sold.

It is easy to play the "would'a, should'a, could'a" game with auctions, but you just don't know how high the winners were willing to go. It's easy to think that you could have won for $39 more, but in reality their max could have been another $300 higher.

I usually try to place a semi-strong tracking bid on books that I'm reasonably interested in, something like 10% less than what I consider a reasonable selling price. That tends to be a price where I'd be happy to score a deal, and high enough that it could be in the zip code on a book that flies under the radar. I've gotten a few that way. And if the book sells for the minimum raise above my tracking bid I console myself that I forced the winner to pay a few extra bucks.

Unreal. I was in the hospital and missed almost everything I was tracking. I don't even think I can last a few more hours for the two books I'm still tracking. I missed the Avengers 1. Between the anesthesia lag and the percocets just putting this paragraph together to complain is a challenge.

I'm glad to see that AF15 continue to pick up a little steam. That ASM 3 should have done a little better, but so far removed from the silver screen it held its own. TOS 39 in 8.5 is holding very well against its most recent GPA high. Let's see where that one goes. The SHIELD 1 in 9.9, unless you just love Nick Fury, I may have to toss a bid at the under copy.

EDIT: No IM1 or JIM85 for me....

I text messaged another boardie before that I noticed the same thing. Old Label ASM's were going for almost double GPA for their assigned grade.

The CPR game has practically made old label books extinct. Old labels represent value. The marketplace is rewarding for originality here. I'm telling you, don't get your old label books reholdered.

Well stated, and its not just GA or SA, Bronze and even Copper old label books seem to carry somewhat of a premium these days.

...... remember one thing, many old label books have been sent in for a reholdering with nothing at all done to them. They still retain the same serial number but get the new label design..... so they "look" like a new label book. It pays to check out the serial numbers. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I bid on the Fantastic Four 15 CGC 9.0 White pages with an old CGC Blue label. Thought it was undergraded from the auction scan. Last sale reported was for $1200 in September 2014. Obviously, someone thought it was undergraded & outbid me.

But I did win this beauty. Been looking for a high grade FF 25 for some time.

ff%2025%20CGC%209.2-bought%206-9-15%202426%20CL_zpscfn4sa5m.jpg

That's a killer copy for the grade. Where were you when I was offering it here on the boards a year ago? :baiting:

That's a killer copy for the grade. Where were you when I was offering it here on the boards a year ago? :baiting:

I was here on the Boards, but didn't have the cash. (shrug)