• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Spring Featured Auction, post 'em if you got 'em

111 posts in this topic

Strange CGC didn't put a grade for each cover on the label.

I thought the same. I was among the under-bidders as well. "Staired in Horror" is a great story.

Only book I won. Bidding on silver age and oa was really a mess for me this time.

I cannot afford Gaines file copies but I am really happy with this one

:)

RAD494552015430_104243_zps20mxgf3u.jpg

Sweet book, congrats Bruno! :applause:

Won this with a bid placed about 3 weeks earlier. One of the few from the set I regretted passing on when it was available and the one I regretted most. Wound up getting it a little cheaper than when it was last offered.

1992galactusjuskolarge_zpsg546upfr.jpg

Won this with a bid placed about 3 weeks earlier. One of the few from the set I regretted passing on when it was available and the one I regretted most. Wound up getting it a little cheaper than when it was last offered.

nice grab - I thought it would go for more

nice grab - I thought it would go for more

I think some people have hyped the market greater than what the stuff actually sells for. I have seen absurd prices on dealer sites and they just sit. A classic set but pieces are very small at 6 x 8.5 inches which is something I struggled with a few years ago but have grown to accept. That's not to say a top tier character wouldn't perform very well but they rarely come to market or visibly trade hands. I haven't seen or had confirmation of about 60 to 65% of the paintings being seen or confirmed owned in a known collection since the mid 90's, so it's hard to know what some thing like Captain America may go for.