• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is your collection more EXCITING or more THRILLING???
1 1

64 posts in this topic

I think Thrilling wins in my collection, at least for now…

Scan-140126-0002_zps1514cf62.jpg

Ahhhh, the Schomburgy goodness!!!! I think most would agree that his covers rule both of these runs :headbang:

I think my favorite three from these runs are Exciting #35, Exciting #39 and Thrilling #38. Of which I own none of them. :cry:

I only have one OTHER of them myself Tim and it's not even CLOSE to the grade range you desire. Although it DOES look pretty sharp for the grade (thumbs u

thrilling38_zpsb86f58d1.jpg

I've probably got an equal amount of both as well as America's Best, Fighting Yank, Startling ect. See, I love Schomburg. Long ago, I realized I could afford very few Timelys so I went Nedor. I've got most of the war covers as well as a lot of the other ones. I haven't photographed many but here is what I have in my bucket right now.

One of my favorites. I hoard this one when I can get it.

comexciting39paul_zps530ce785.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

exciting9.jpg

-------------------------------- VS ---------------------------------------

thrilling62.jpg

thrilling67.jpg

thrilling68.jpg

thrilling71.jpg

I bought this raw from Harley some years ago, just a beaut:

e996fb5c-5534-44bf-922b-c1d211e42256_zpsunkpgcdv.jpg

Now that is Exciting!

exciting39a.jpg
I regret passing on one of these years ago before it really 'took off'. One of the most shocking comic War Covers ever( along with Daredevil Comics #17). CC sold one of these recently in the Summer Auction, a nice one too, but it ended on a night a lot of Detective Comics issues ended and those dominated the conversation/attention in that thread, so it went high if quietly. Great book Walclark! :applause:

They left "Okajima" off the label. doh!

thrilling68.jpg

Exciting60.jpg