• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC - 9.5

29 posts in this topic

Since its no longer used as a grade wouldnt this be considered "Rare" in the collecting world, but who knows how many still are out in the wild.

'Rare' is often mixed up with 'dumb' in this hobby.

Jeez…Gemma could have at least let everyone poke fun of him, bat around different insults, call him a noob, post a bunch of memes, talk about a completely different subject altogether, and officially make it a friday thread before jumping in and fully answering his question.

Way to be a buzzkill Gemma!!!

Jeez…Gemma could have at least let everyone poke fun of him, bat around different insults, call him a noob, post a bunch of memes, talk about a completely different subject altogether, and officially make it a friday thread before jumping in and fully answering his question.

Way to be a buzzkill Gemma!!!

I guess she figured 1.5 months would be enough time for that. (shrug)

I'm surprised they are not considered to be CGC graded. Umm....its in a CGC case.

I believe Wizard basically just 'hired' CGC to encapsulate them, not grade them. Wizard assigned the grade. This was when CGC was young, and I imagine they have since decided not to do that anymore.

I'm surprised they are not considered to be CGC graded. Umm....its in a CGC case.

I believe Wizard basically just 'hired' CGC to encapsulate them, not grade them. Wizard assigned the grade. This was when CGC was young, and I imagine they have since decided not to do that anymore.

Hey, sometimes people do things they regret when they're young and need the money. :whistle:

If memory serves Wizard First only had two grades, 10.0 & 9.5. So when Wizard couldn't get enough 10.0s out of CGC, even with direct-from-the-printer, it all fell apart. Wizard couldn't accept pre-orders for 10.0 and no premium for WF 9.5s when there's regular CGC 9.8 instead.