• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uncanny Xmen 510 Sketch J Scott Campbell
2 2

142 posts in this topic

Not that crazy of a asking price if you break it down per book. The seller would probably be better off selling all 3 auction style.

The wolverine deadpool #1 has seen sales of up to$3000+. A 510 sketch in 9.6 sold for $2900 a few weeks ago, this one is a 9.8. Siege 3 goes for 3k in 9.8, I probably value the 9.2 at 1k though.

If anyone buys the lot and doesn't want the wolverine #1, I will be interested in buying it. Just shoot me a pm . Maybe we can work something out. The wolverine deadpool is my target campbell books for 2016.

So you're guessing at about $7,000+ for all three. I would say $2k or 20% high is a pretty big jump.

I don't think he's at $7k; he said a 9.6 510 sold for $2900 -- the one in the listing is a 9.8 so it would definitely go for more.

$3k (Wolv #1) + $1k (Siege #3) + > $3k (510 sketch)

(shrug)

Sure, you have + but your comment: "$2k or 20% high" in relation to the $9k listing signifies you meant $7,000 flat.

$9k - $2k = $7k

And *usually* 9.8s sell for double a 9.6; I said usually. Not sure what the jump would be on a high $ item like the sketch.

A 9.8 is available as a lot! There is someone on eBay selling 3 campbell Grails.

siege #3 9.2

Wolverine #1 deadpool mashup 9.8

Xmen 510 sketch 9.8

(worship)

http://m.ebay.com/itm/CGC-9-8-J-Scott-Campbell-variants-Uncanny-X-Men-510-Wolverine-1-Siege-3-/141869419161?nav=SEARCH

The listing ended early, weird....

Jerome

Indeed.

Very strange.

Not that crazy of a asking price if you break it down per book. The seller would probably be better off selling all 3 auction style.

The wolverine deadpool #1 has seen sales of up to$3000+. A 510 sketch in 9.6 sold for $2900 a few weeks ago, this one is a 9.8. Siege 3 goes for 3k in 9.8, I probably value the 9.2 at 1k though.

If anyone buys the lot and doesn't want the wolverine #1, I will be interested in buying it. Just shoot me a pm . Maybe we can work something out. The wolverine deadpool is my target campbell books for 2016.

So you're guessing at about $7,000+ for all three. I would say $2k or 20% high is a pretty big jump.

I don't think he's at $7k; he said a 9.6 510 sold for $2900 -- the one in the listing is a 9.8 so it would definitely go for more.

Bingo. If 2 9.6's sold not long ago for around 3k. I made the assumption that a 9.8 would probably fetch more than 3k that the 9.6 did. (shrug) which is why his 9k asking was reasonable considering recent past sales of the books.

Quote:

Many completists don't consider convention books to be part of the "core run" of a title. That's why few convention books ever catch on. Even the UXM 500 sketch covers top out at $5-600.

I think the fact that this book looks rare on the census and is a JSC cover is what keeps it going.

I am a completist, but only for the 1963 X-men to Uncanny X-men as of now. I have to tell you that Campbell just did another Uncanny X-men Variant cover and they are a colored and sketch for the Uncanny X-men Vol 4 #1. They are also part of the 2 cover connection to The extraordinary X-Men. I bought both colored and Sketch and I do consider them to be the core run, Unless they did not come out at the same time. I will also Get 2nd and 3rd prints for my collection if they make them.

Here is the new Campbell covers if you have not seen them. Will they be worth anything? I have no idea, but I still ordered them. I love his art work.

s-l1600%201.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Has anyone actually received their orders not that UXM/EXM color & sketch variant 4-pack yet? I'm still just waiting for mine to ship & I bought it the 2nd or 3rd day they were available.

Bingo. If 2 9.6's sold not long ago for around 3k. I made the assumption that a 9.8 would probably fetch more than 3k that the 9.6 did. (shrug) which is why his 9k asking was reasonable considering recent past sales of the books.

If I'm buying three books for a big sum, I would expect a discount, not an increase. Maybe that's just me though.

If I'm buying three books for a big sum, I would expect a discount, not an increase. Maybe that's just me though.

The auction was Buy it now with a best offer option (shrug)

I find it depends on whether or not the items are similar. Back in the day when I was collecting G1 Transformers, the price increased with the lot size each and every time. So I chose the slow, cheap route a lot and singled my collection together.

This listing does have similarity via Campbell art, but they aren't in the same series, so the only thing going for the listing is the rarity and Campbell art. And the 9.2 didn't help either. (shrug)

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

The auction was Buy it now with a best offer option (shrug)

Thanks. :facepalm:

I find it depends on whether or not the items are similar. Back in the day when I was collecting G1 Transformers, the price increased with the lot size each and every time. So I chose the slow, cheap route a lot and singled my collection together.

This listing does have similarity via Campbell art, but they aren't in the same series, so the only thing going for the listing is the rarity and Campbell art. And the 9.2 didn't help either. (shrug)

Jerome

Yes, as others have said though, I personally think an auction, during the right month, would move them faster. I don't think you would find someone looking for all of them at once. You never know, someone might bite. I don't blame the guy for throwing a huge number out.

Has anyone actually received their orders not that UXM/EXM color & sketch variant 4-pack yet? I'm still just waiting for mine to ship & I bought it the 2nd or 3rd day they were available.

Hey Doktor,

As Publication dates they were scheduled to be released today. So they should be out as of 1/6/16. I am sure you will hear something very soon from your supplier.

Carl

Hey Doktor,

As Publication dates they were scheduled to be released today. So they should be out as of 1/6/16. I am sure you will hear something very soon from your supplier.

Carl

Yeah, didn't realize UXM didn't come out until today. Makes sense that they have to wait until release date to ship. I don't pay attention to release dates anymore since I always preorder & get deliveries monthly from my regular supplier.

Another one (raw copy this time) just put up on ebay (bumping the "appreciation thread"):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncanny-X-Men-510-SDCC-Sketch-Variant-Cover-J-Scott-Campbell-Very-Rare-/151936084073?hash=item236018a869:g:R1oAAOSwJkJWh0uX

-J.

Overpriced for the condition. Just another day on the bay!

Jerome

The raw sold off eBay. I asked the seller for the sold price. $1,750 .

Whats the deal with the Silk ## JSC 1:25 variant? it's selling for $100+ on ebay. is it a small print run or something?

Naw, just another cool JSC cover.

Saving mine for CGC SS opportunity.

It is a cool cover, but could be potentially a low print run, in comparison to other variants of his. it will be interesting to see the print totals, to get a better idea of how many will be floating around out there.