• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uncanny Xmen 510 Sketch J Scott Campbell
2 2

142 posts in this topic

@Doktor it didn't show up on my followed searches as well. Probably sold as soon as it was listed. I think it's a pretty good deal since the 9.4 sold for 1400 and a vf sold above 1k months back.

I think I'll keep track and post the recent sales on the first page for future reference.

Totally missed this recent sale. Really think the seller left money on the table setting the buy it now so low. 9.6 sold for $1,100 on 7/27. Guess he wanted a quick sale ? (shrug)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Uncanny-X-Men-510-ultra-rare-SDCC-partial-sketch-variant-CGC-9-6-/221837051953?hash=item33a684c831

Did someone on the boards snag the copy? lol

I got the copy :)

Oh man! Congrats dude . I'm assuming you clicked on buy it now shortly after it was listed? I didn't even get a notification on my eBay app that one was available haha .

Thank you! I think it was listed for around 10 minutes before I saw it and hit BIN on it.

I don't think the back cover is white. more like cream/off-white.

As far as 9.8s are concerned. There are a total of 7 blue and 2 yellows graded 9.8. Most of these are probably being held tightly by J Scott Campbell collectors.

Edited by jreezy

That's insane. And it makes me want to punch myself in the face even harder for passing on a $1k 9.8 like a year ago thinking "there's no $&*%&ing way that anyone is going to pay that for this book & I'll kick my own for buying it instead of a grail/key"

Now I want to set myself on fire for my own short-sightedness.

Yea it's actually climbing, cray cray!

Jerome

Pretty nuts, but there are some devoted, die hard Campbell fans with deep pockets out there. Prime examples are his Wolverine /Deadpool mashup cover and Seige 3 cover.

Plus this cover features Psylocke :luhv:

Going to have to steer clear of this auction. The seller's opening bid was ambitious to say the least given the last sale from a couple months ago, and the subsequent bidding activity is extremely sketchy. :tonofbricks:

It's a shame because the book certainly would have yielded a solid result anyway in a straight up auction given these only come up for sale once every couple months or so and the JSC fan base.

-J.

Unless GPA totally omits it & ebay deletes it if it turns out to be shilled, it's really going to bork up the prices for a while. I still need one of these badly but they all appear to be in the collection black hole (which is where it would end up if I got my hands on one for a price somewhere in the ballpark of "something I can afford")

Going to have to steer clear of this auction. The seller's opening bid was ambitious to say the least given the last sale from a couple months ago, and the subsequent bidding activity is extremely sketchy. :tonofbricks:

It's a shame because the book certainly would have yielded a solid result anyway in a straight up auction given these only come up for sale once every couple months or so and the JSC fan base.

-J.

its good to steer clear of any specific auctions highlighted on these boards.

-J.

its good to steer clear of any specific auctions highlighted on these boards.

CBT! lol Hope all is good with you dude. Still putting a slabbed saga run together?

-J.

I'm staying clear because it's a 9.6. I want a 9.8 to potentially have Olivia Munn sign it. lol

-J.

I'm staying clear because it's a 9.6. I want a 9.8 to potentially have Olivia Munn sign it. lol

I'll give you her number, maybe she'll pick up when you call.

Jerome