• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do You Throw Away Comic Books?

32 posts in this topic

I have dumped boxes of '90s comics in shopworn condition that I had no storage space for, which had also been rejected by charity shops. I say dumped, but I did throw them in recycling bins. For some reason I still felt a twinge of guilt when I did it.

I can't bring myself to do it, even though I'd love to take my Malibu and Defiant collections and tear them to shreds. I figure that if I own a fair copy of a bronze book (let's say Avengers #160), and I'm listing 10 other BA Avengers books (in mid-grade condition) on eBay, I'll just toss this book in as a freebie. Maybe, the buyer will read this book before tossing it.

Were any of those Malibu Issues Prime Or their version of Avengers what ever they were called

Ultraforce....yes, I bought those issues as well. Luckily, I stopped buying these books (Hardcase, Mantra, Sludge, Exiles, etc.) after about 6 months.

You still have Prime and Ultraforce. Only ones I liked!

I'm not sure if I have any Primes, but I do have some UltraForce. PM me with your address and I'll send them to you.

How much?

I have dumped boxes of '90s comics in shopworn condition that I had no storage space for, which had also been rejected by charity shops. I say dumped, but I did throw them in recycling bins. For some reason I still felt a twinge of guilt when I did it.

I can't bring myself to do it, even though I'd love to take my Malibu and Defiant collections and tear them to shreds. I figure that if I own a fair copy of a bronze book (let's say Avengers #160), and I'm listing 10 other BA Avengers books (in mid-grade condition) on eBay, I'll just toss this book in as a freebie. Maybe, the buyer will read this book before tossing it.

Were any of those Malibu Issues Prime Or their version of Avengers what ever they were called

Ultraforce....yes, I bought those issues as well. Luckily, I stopped buying these books (Hardcase, Mantra, Sludge, Exiles, etc.) after about 6 months.

You still have Prime and Ultraforce. Only ones I liked!

I'm not sure if I have any Primes, but I do have some UltraForce. PM me with your address and I'll send them to you.

How much?

Sorry, our messages got crossed. They're free.

I have thrown away 90s dreck that I got as freebies from Joe Koch in his shipments when the books were not suitable for donation to charity.

Done exactly the same thing with my Koch extras. Or you can shred 'em for packaging material.

About 3 years I bought a lot of "nice" books off 29frank29 on ebay (has numerous other IDs) and most books/bags were as if they had been dug out from a damp, insect-infested basement. My skin itched after handling them. I threw them all out. SOB claimed "nice books in various condition" was an accurate description, because they were in "various condition". Meaning various degrees of poor, I guess.

I have thrown away 90s dreck that I got as freebies from Joe Koch in his shipments when the books were not suitable for donation to charity.

I hate those! How many copies of "The Ferret" does one person need?!

i dunno why, but the name of that book just cracks me up for some reason. is his superpower involve emitting a terrible odor while smearing his feces all over the place?

I felt like I was sprayed by a skunk after reading it, does that count?

i tossed a couple of flood damage long boxes of 90s dreck

the other junk i've given away that was too risque to give away to children's charities i've mixed into mixed lots on ebay over the years

i had stacks of damaged #1 issues from the late 90s marvel reboots that my LCS gave me because he couldn't get rid of them. i gave those to a children's shelter/hospital along with a bunch of other safe comics like New Warriors, etc.

generally speaking, if the stuff is something that can be read by kids, i'd feel terrible tossing it. i'd rather find a way to get them to kids.

of course, that excludes nearly every image comic printed as well as most indies.