• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another AF15 scam?

65 posts in this topic

I think its on a tablecloth that isn't 100% flat. The guy taking the picture is standing on top, you can see his shadow. So that means there is either an overhead light, or a flash was used. That explains why the coloring is a bit light and why the hologram is shiny, and the overall graininess to the picture. Also could explain the bowing of the frame that was mentioned earlier......

Either way, Im hopeful it turns out OK. Been trying to afford one of these for many many years... Will let you know what happens. Thanks to everyone for the help and support here.

Not to sound too harsh here, but you've been played for a sucker my man.

-J.

You can also compare to the Heritage pic and see his printer was low on ink

lol

remember folks it's hard to get ripped off if you're not trying to get over on someone else.

If you think you are getting a 9K comic for 3K because seller is desperate or clueless you have just been suckered. Watch Better Call Saul.

I think its on a tablecloth that isn't 100% flat. The guy taking the picture is standing on top, you can see his shadow. So that means there is either an overhead light, or a flash was used. That explains why the coloring is a bit light and why the hologram is shiny, and the overall graininess to the picture. Also could explain the bowing of the frame that was mentioned earlier......

Either way, Im hopeful it turns out OK. Been trying to afford one of these for many many years... Will let you know what happens. Thanks to everyone for the help and support here.

:facepalm: Poor guy is just wasting his time.

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the hologram on all 3 photos.

The original Heritage on Etsy is obviously suffering the least from multiplicity or a copy-of-a-copy syndrome or sh*ly printer.

18820294031_cd1f444b97_o.jpg

In the photo where you can see the shadow of the seller/photographer, yet the slab itself casts no shadow.

If you do get it in the mail, and the AF15 is fake, it could be worth something as the only known vampire slab.

Vampires have no shadow, right?

-Terry

A vampire slab would definitely be green label

ehem Credit where credit is due. I said that this was a print out of a picture first all the way back as the second post. :banana:

Yes I googled ETSY and AF15 and found this thread.

I think oftentimes things happen to collectibles like this that would make them change hands at lower rates than originally paid.

If the comic has been recorded as being sold 3 times now since 2012 its obviously not in a collectors hands.

Tough economy, tough times, people get rid of things they don't need.

Im hoping its that kind of situation.

I did compare all three sets of photos and it looks like they all have the same flaws and are the same comic. Just varying levels of camera quality.

And if it does turn out to be fraud or scam both paypal and my bank card will be able to file a chargeback for fraud.

If/Whenit arrives I can have it looked at by a professional, and if for some reason it turns out to be a forgery I will post that data here. But there is no reason to suspect it is a forgery as of now.

I have googled every combination I can think of for AF15 etsy amazing fantasy and these boards do not come up. Something is really weird here folks.....