• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing SPiderman #1---Bound

126 posts in this topic

What do you want to bet that the FF #1 here is GIANT SIZE FF #1...? And the others are similar?

If you look at the lists, they are filled with 1970-1974 type books...a 1961, 63, and 64 book would be quite out of place.

hm

hm hm

Ill bet you a cold beer the FF#1 is either the 1966 golden record reprint or the real macoy. In a couple days we will all know….whoot whoot!!

What do you want to bet that the FF #1 here is GIANT SIZE FF #1...? And the others are similar?

If you look at the lists, they are filled with 1970-1974 type books...a 1961, 63, and 64 book would be quite out of place.

hm

hm hm

Ill bet you a cold beer the FF#1 is either the 1966 golden record reprint or the real macoy. In a couple days we will all know.whoot whoot!!

By the way, if it's a real macoy, it's probably a lodge shirt or other apparel, not an FF #1.

It's been a day.

Where are the pics ? (shrug)

Sorry bro swamped with work will get the pics up in the next couple days. Do you know anything in regards to bound books by any chance?

I've seen them for sale in the sales threads here.

Don't know much about them. But this one sounds interesting. That's why I was asking for pictures.

:headbang:

yeah i want to get the pics up so people can give me their opinion but i have to drive to storage to get it and i started a new job. But ill get it done and hope i get some useful info on value from everyone.

Should have waited til then to start the thread. Why start something and have no answers for the questions being asked?

lol

It's been a day.

Where are the pics ? (shrug)

Sorry bro swamped with work will get the pics up in the next couple days. Do you know anything in regards to bound books by any chance?

I've seen them for sale in the sales threads here.

Don't know much about them. But this one sounds interesting. That's why I was asking for pictures.

:headbang:

yeah i want to get the pics up so people can give me their opinion but i have to drive to storage to get it and i started a new job. But ill get it done and hope i get some useful info on value from everyone.

Should have waited til then to start the thread. Why start something and have no answers for the questions being asked?

lol

lol

that would seem reasonable. What I find annoying is someone asks for help, then doesn't have any information to review right away, and gets mad at us for saying you are wasting peoples time because you started asking questions without basic information. That isn't the time to start telling people to leave your thread or act like we are being jerks.

I would like to see these bound volumes. They sound interesting. OK-- it will take you a little while to find the stuff. Fine. Come back when you have them and some pictures to share. I'm sure people want to see them.

Side note: why were all those pictures of the bound volume listings cut out of this thread along with other parts of on topic discussion?

Side note: why were all those pictures of the bound volume listings cut out of this thread along with other parts of on topic discussion?

It was a temporary moderation hiccup. Some off-topic posts were meant to be pruned and the on-topic posts went alongside with them - should be all restored now.

$10,000? Try $100,000. Maybe a million. This might be Jack Kirbys long lost bound volume, the one that disappeared almost thirty years ago.

I didn't know jack Kerry had a book that was lost. How can you tell/prove that it's his? Interesting

He's joking.

But on the hopeful side, if it is a 70s bound volume (vs the more modern bindings) there's a greater chance that the pages weren't trimmed (which is good for potentially unbinding the books).

Also something to check: were the books bound with all the pages or were adds or back covers removed?

you might want to peruse past Heritage Auctions to see what these unbound copies can sell for, as well as what bound editions can fetch.

Do you know where Kirbys bound volumes are? The guys from the pop up Kirby museum don't.

$10,000? Try $100,000. Maybe a million. This might be Jack Kirbys long lost bound volume, the one that disappeared almost thirty years ago.

I didn't know jack Kerry had a book that was lost. How can you tell/prove that it's his? Interesting

He's joking.

But on the hopeful side, if it is a 70s bound volume (vs the more modern bindings) there's a greater chance that the pages weren't trimmed (which is good for potentially unbinding the books).

Also something to check: were the books bound with all the pages or were adds or back covers removed?

you might want to peruse past Heritage Auctions to see what these unbound copies can sell for, as well as what bound editions can fetch.

Do you know where Kirbys bound volumes are? The guys from the pop up Kirby museum don't.

Which ones? The Captain America GA one was sold by Heritage in 2010.

Why would Kirby have bound volumes like these containing (mostly) first issues of Marvel comics dating from the early/mid 1970s, including many from a time when he wasn't working for Marvel, and which primarily don't contain his work?

I can accept that he may have been added to Marvel's comp list (if such a thing existed for creators back then) starting in 1976 when he returned to Marvel, but from 1970 - 1975? Why? Is there any evidence that Jack collected comics like this for reference?

are there pictures or did i miss something?

You missed getting trolled by the OP that's all. The only pictures are from his written issue numbers from each volume.

*sigh* just for that i curse this thread!

Curses_zpsidthl116.jpg