• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 4

170 posts in this topic

I know you guys are trying to be "vague" and all but this completely equates to table talk/game in play...I get what you are saying...do all 143 players? It seems to me that we should just adhere to a zero tolerance "table talk" protocol. Plenty of opportunity to comment and/or vent or otherwise after the round/results... 2c

I agree. And, as the last round showed, there can be a broad concensus that is wrong.

Nah. The consensus was spot on. CGC was wrong.

I know you guys are trying to be "vague" and all but this completely equates to table talk/game in play...I get what you are saying...do all 143 players? It seems to me that we should just adhere to a zero tolerance "table talk" protocol. Plenty of opportunity to comment and/or vent or otherwise after the round/results... 2c

I agree. And, as the last round showed, there can be a broad concensus that is wrong.

Not the point I was making...please don't derail the primary communication. :makepoint:

Thank you and good night... (thumbs u

Yep CGC was wrong. No way that FF 46 was in worse shape than the World's Finest 88. I note that my grades were, however, spot-on and I should accordingly move up in the rankings.

I know you guys are trying to be "vague" and all but this completely equates to table talk/game in play...

I totally disagree, as no grades are being posted, no defects/lack thereof, no CGC standards, just generic gibber-jabber that you would find in any grading contest.

Maybe you don't like this type of jabbering about the leader board, but that doesn't make it "against the rules" especially as, like last round's FF, we could all be talking out of our butts when the final grades are revealed.

It's Senormac's comment above that can affect someone's decision on grade.

That's what I'm trying to avoid.

If some of the contestants have already given me their grades, and someone who hasn't starts asking questions or pointing out parts of the book or potential flaws, that can affect the folks who hadn't submitted their grades. That may help those people or perhaps even hinder them. It will also make the folks that already submitted want to change their grade.

So please, be very careful if you're talking about the book. As it was mentioned earlier, there's lots of time to discuss this after the round is over and the grades have been revealed.

Thanks all! (worship)

If anyone offers opinions about the books in play I think they should be disqualified from the current round - even if the talk is indirect, such as implying that bullseyes should be easy, or that if you only score 8 in the round you'll drop in rank.

Let's keep the game as neutral and even as possible.

Besides, now you have me second guessing my grades. hm

If anyone offers opinions about the books in play I think they should be disqualified from the current round - even if the talk is indirect, such as implying that bullseyes should be easy, or that if you only score 8 in the round you'll drop in rank.

No. I just want people to be careful about what they say, that's all.

No. I just want people to be careful about what they say, that's all.

No burning at the stake?

Aw. Please???

:(

And I think people who are incessantly whining during grading contests should be immediately disqualified and summarily forbidden from taking part in any future contests.

And I think people who are incessantly whining during grading contests should be immediately disqualified and summarily forbidden from taking part in any future contests.

lol

lol

Especially if they are ahead of me on the leader boards. :sumo: