• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2016!!!!! JUNE 17-19

305 posts in this topic

Like Michael Jackson, this is it! Let's do this Booth #1622. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Like Michael Jackson, this is it! Let's do this Booth #1622. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Post some pictures of your booth and books to rub our noses into it!

I have tomorrow off, surprisingly... I'm seriously considering making the two hour trip up to Charlotte for this tomorrow. Would a single day pass be worth it? I'm thinking about getting a few books signed and graded (WCNGH #1, Sex Criminals #1, maybe some others, I'll have to look further tonight), and these would be my first ever graded books.

I have tomorrow off, surprisingly... I'm seriously considering making the two hour trip up to Charlotte for this tomorrow. Would a single day pass be worth it? I'm thinking about getting a few books signed and graded (WCNGH #1, Sex Criminals #1, maybe some others, I'll have to look further tonight), and these would be my first ever graded books.

It is worth the trip. I only go on Saturday. Lots of great books at great prices. Well worth your time.

It's definitely worth a two hour drive!

At $20 for a day pass, I really don't know how I can pass on it. Forgive me, this will be my first big con, but for CGC witnessing of signatures how does that work? Let's say I want to get a dual sig of Latour and Rodriguez for my EOSV 2, would they be seated near one another or how would I go about getting both sigs witnessed and submitted for grading?

At $20 for a day pass, I really don't know how I can pass on it. Forgive me, this will be my first big con, but for CGC witnessing of signatures how does that work? Let's say I want to get a dual sig of Latour and Rodriguez for my EOSV 2, would they be seated near one another or how would I go about getting both sigs witnessed and submitted for grading?

Just head to the CGC booth BEFORE GETTING YOUR BOOKS SIGNED. Explain what you're wanting to do and they'll help you through it. (thumbs u

I don't think they were sitting that close together, but the witness can move from one creator to another with you.

Just some advice - get there early tomorrow. Saturday is a crazy day for Heroes! Doors open at 9 and the single day ticket lines will only get longer as the day goes on.

Sorry guys, just a couple more questions...

Is this David Antoine Williams the same David Williams who did interior art for Prince: Three Chains of Gold? if so, I'm definitely getting this one signed and graded!

Also, how much should I look to pay for the process of getting a single modern SS graded? Like, per book.

Attended both Friday and Saturday. Friday was a good day to browse with plenty of room do it. Saturday was packed, as usual.

I have never seen a con with the quality (and quantity) of $1 and $2 books available. It would be easy to fill in bronze and copper age runs fairly cheap. Lots of bargains to be found in these boxes.

Despite expanding to all the whole convention space, it was still difficult to maneuver through the aisles sometimes, but it was neat to see all the families attending, including some who were all cosplaying.

As far as dealers, Gator had a most impressive display case with multiples of AF #15, ASM #1, Avengers #1 and Hulk #1 along with early Batman and Superman GA appearances. His wall wasn't bad either! Dale Roberts, Greg Reece and Superworld had their typical awesome walls and stock. But some of the smaller dealers had the best deals.

New Gods #7 seemed to be the hot book of the moment with many dealers stocking multiples on their walls for $30 or more. It also wasn't difficult to find anything Harley Quinn, from cosplayers to key books and appearances.

The line for Jim Steranko autographs was long both days. In the early afternoon on Saturday the line snaked almost halfway down the next aisle. Around 5 p.m. there were still 15 people in line. Glad I got him to sign a comic for me three years ago with a minimal wait.