• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My HEROESCON 2015 Report (with pics) || All Welcome to Contribute

64 posts in this topic

THIS is the Stan Lee line.

At first i thought $100 was too much for an autograph.

Then i realized the demand is definitely there.

Wow! I paid $50 at Baltimore comic con 2-3 years ago and I thought that was an insane amount of money to pay (unless part of the money was going to charity) If it was $100 my Fantastic Four omnibus #2 would be without a signature right now.

Wow! I paid $50 at Baltimore comic con 2-3 years ago and I thought that was an insane amount of money to pay (unless part of the money was going to charity) If it was $100 my Fantastic Four omnibus #2 would be without a signature right now.

Stan soaked up so much money in the room that the Con switched from a fantastic selling con to ho hum right when he walked into the place.

I must have had 20 request for Fantastic Four 48 in lower grade. Brock had some high grade slabs and even those got a lot of action.

Guilty as charged. lol I was looking for a solid 3.5-5.5 copy, managed to score a really nice 5.5 for a great price.

Stan soaked up so much money in the room that the Con switched from a fantastic selling con to ho hum right when he walked into the place.

Wow... I hadn't even thought of that. Example: If 2500 people paid to have a picture, that's $200,000 in monies that went to Stan versus the dealers/creators. And that's just for pics, not to mention signatures, and the VIP packages.

Wow... I hadn't even thought of that. Example: If 2500 people paid to have a picture, that's $200,000 in monies that went to Stan versus the dealers/creators. And that's just for pics, not to mention signatures, and the VIP packages.

Yea - it was night and day different between Friday and Saturday. People were still hot and heavy to get sigs and prints on Friday but the only portion of the Con which was really busy on Saturday seemed to be the section near Stan. Stan effect!

Thanks for the great report and photos. I've heard this is a good show. My wife and I thought about moving to Charlotte at one time but the weather was just a deal killer and being she is an antique dealer, not enough of a regular "antique scene" for her to make much money. Nice to know there is a great show in town though.

I have been going to shows in Charlotte for decades and I can attest that Saturday was massive! This show is getting huge! The line to buy entrance passes was out the door from first thing in the morning until around 3:00 when I was walking out. They did a great job of moving people into the show too. It was a great day all around. JB :o

Great Stuff Brother!

I hate I missed you guys this year.

I was all over the place and trying to get my business done fast early at the con so I could go back to the hotel for aquatic therapy, stretch therapy and alcohol therapy for the back issues.

I hope next year I can bounce back and hang with everyone, being physically limited is a kick in the damn nethers!

:(

18380672623_6b093160c7_z.jpg

nice write up and interesting pictures. This one caught my eye-- was the guy in the background wearing that hat to be ironic or is that fashionable/some character I'm not aware of? Is he expressing his inner Koala?

As for that interaction with Stan at the elevator-- makes you think it might not be a bad investment to get one of those personal video recorders like the police started using recently so if you happen to run into someone interesting, you can record the interaction a little bit at least (not on all the time but easily engaged).

Was there a print this year or have they finally stopped doing that? I know I collected quite a few of them over the years because it was included in the price of your badge and usually came signed. I think the only one I ever got that wasn't signed was Bernie Wrightson and all I did was go straight to his table and had him sign it.