• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 7

175 posts in this topic

Whoever says "grading is subjective" only says that because they have difficulty grading accurately. :preach:

You better put that Old Man icon on there, as CGC has a wider margin of grading criteria over the years than a crack-addicted dealer who allows his alcoholic pet monkey to list books online.

Wow, I think the stark reality of being formally eliminated from the competition has really quieted down the masses.

Is anyone not in the Top 10 still playing?

Thanks to a really gnarly rounds 3/4 I'm in the 'tied at 46' group but I'm still here.

Wow, I think the stark reality of being formally eliminated from the competition has really quieted down the masses.

I never have come in even close to the top ten. But I still look foward to every round. I LOVE this contest. The guys running it should be given the prizes. 2c

I never have come in even close to the top ten. But I still look foward to every round. I LOVE this contest. The guys running it should be given the prizes. 2c

+1

I may go down in flames but I will go down! :sumo:

(...not sure that sounded right...)

+1

:roflmao:

It's a learning experience and still a lot of fun! I'm learning that I tend to undergrade compared to CGC because I've been strictly using OSG for so long. I don't have a lot of slabbed books (maybe 20 or so) and usually only submit books for SS authentication so the grade usually is secondary to me.

But I think it's been a lot of fun! :cool:

Man, whoever said the people putting on the contest should get prizes......+1000.

Seems like a lot of work.

I'm still playing, but Toro's going to smoke everybody, so my goal is to go without a negative (-) score on a book.

I just enjoy trying to guess the grades.

As long as in continue to beat Toro in the March Madness, I can live with being torched every year in this contest. He's just too consistent.

+1

I'm just laying back in the pack and plan on blowing by a bunch of you before the finish line. I may not finish in the top 10 but the top 20-25 is within reach if I move outside and stay off the rail. :wishluck:

+1

+1

Thanks for reminding me! The dreaded MATHEMATICALLY ELIMINATED LINE WILL APPEAR TONIGHT ON THE LEADER BOARD.... :eek:

STAY ABOVE IT! :ohnoez:

Man, whoever said the people putting on the contest should get prizes......+1000.

Seems like a lot of work.

I'm still playing, but Toro's going to smoke everybody, so my goal is to go without a negative (-) score on a book.

Toro's entire comic collection is just from winning this contest year after year. :cool: