• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 7 Results

69 posts in this topic

I did the same thinking I should have gotten a 1 rather than a -1 since I guessed 1.0 but then I realized that dang 1.8 was hiding.

lol, I wonder how many people did the same thing.

I didn't think it could possibly be over 1.5 at the most and so I gave it an honest 1.0 and have no regerts. :cool:

I did the same thinking I should have gotten a 1 rather than a -1 since I guessed 1.0 but then I realized that dang 1.8 was hiding.

I didn't think it could possibly be over 1.5 at the most and so I gave it an honest 1.0 and have no regerts. :cool:

So, is that an empty stomach, then? hm

:censored: should have stuck with my plan of bumping my final assessment up a grade. would have still missed the GROOT as I had that a 1.5 with the chunks missing and the rusty staples and wear.

Bats 232 I gave a 6.5, too much going on with that one along the spine and spine corners IMO.

Not to mention the chart is showing my grades weren't recorded... what the deuce?

Uh.I may have given your grades to Spideyfan76. I think it's crazy that your names are so similar... (shrug)

:censored: should have stuck with my plan of bumping my final assessment up a grade. would have still missed the GROOT as I had that a 1.5 with the chunks missing and the rusty staples and wear.

Bats 232 I gave a 6.5, too much going on with that one along the spine and spine corners IMO.

Not to mention the chart is showing my grades weren't recorded... what the deuce?

Uh.I may have given your grades to Spideyfan76. I think it's crazy that your names are so similar... (shrug)

yes I had was concerned with all the other variations of "Spidey" perhaps it's time for a change...

Despite losing a point by rationally grading the TTA #13, I continue to move up rankings with each round. I'll take what little victories I can get.

+1. The mini game continues

Wow, I had the TTA at 1.5 and I thought I might have been too generous! Hit the Bats at 8.0, I had a hard time getting a read on the spine as the colors seemed to do a good job hiding the wear. Looks like the majority voted as I did so I feel lucky to still be in the hunt to some degree.

Someone please explain to me how that Astonish Groot book got 2.0 with such a large chunk missing from the cover plus another chunk from the 1st page. I was thinking 1.0 Fair for sure and even worried that CGC might give it 0.5.

As has been explained before - Grading is not subjective, you're just doing it wrong. :grin:

;):cool:

So, is that an empty stomach, then? hm

lol!

BbbdTrJCMAA2u_t.jpg

Someone please explain to me how that Astonish Groot book got 2.0 with such a large chunk missing from the cover plus another chunk from the 1st page. I was thinking 1.0 Fair for sure and even worried that CGC might give it 0.5.

Golden Age curve?