• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody know if this Amazing Fantasy 15 cgc is worth picking up?

39 posts in this topic

It is the italian version of amazing fantasy #15 but from 1970. I know the seller used a shill bidder to increase the bid price to what he had it originally listed for, but I am wondering if this is even worth picking up as the US amazing Fantasy is way out of my price range.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121675767987?_trksid=p2060353.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Good chance I would have picked that up at that price. It's kind of cool. I have a copy of #39 in italian that I have been meaning to get signed except don't know who to trust to facilitate it.

Thanks guys. Yea I don't intend to flip it or anything just that IF times did get hard, and it came down to having to sell it, I just want to make sure I can always get back what I spent or even more if it is even worth more. I really love the amazing fantasy 15 cover since I was a boy in the 90's and had my moms in my hand during a garage sale. Sad story actually, as she sold off all her comics for 25 cents and an old dude ripped amazing fantasy out of my hands as he bought all her spider man comics. I remember crying as I was originally allowed to keep one comic for helping my mom and that was the one I loved the most. Bare in mind I was about 6 years old at that time otherwise I would of kicked some butt for that comic. ?

Your mom had a collection of Spider-man comics in the 90s that she sold for 25 cents each at a garage sale? And you remember having the AF15 taken off you?

That might just have been believable in the 70s, but even in the depths of the 90s that was a pricey issue.

You'd be better off deleting that post as it's pure BS.

Your mom had a collection of Spider-man comics in the 90s that she sold for 25 cents each at a garage sale? And you remember having the AF15 taken off you?

That might just have been believable in the 70s, but even in the depths of the 90s that was a pricey issue.

The sad thing is it isn't BS. I'm not saying she had the whole run of amazing spider-man but she had a bunch. I specifically remember amazing fantasy, amazing #1, amazing #2, amazing #3, amazing #7 and a few others. She also sold off her strange tales, hulk, iron man, Daffy Duck, etc. she didn't know they were worth anything and just got rid of bunch load of the stuff in our garage. I so far have bought amazing #1, amazing #2, and amazing #5 as those were some of my favorite spider-man covers.

Good chance I would have picked that up at that price. It's kind of cool. I have a copy of #39 in italian that I have been meaning to get signed except don't know who to trust to facilitate it.

Doug Peters.

The sad thing is it isn't BS. I'm not saying she had the whole run of amazing spider-man but she had a bunch. I specifically remember amazing fantasy, amazing #1, amazing #2, amazing #3, amazing #7 and a few others. She also sold off her strange tales, hulk, iron man, Daffy Duck, etc. she didn't know they were worth anything and just got rid of bunch load of the stuff in our garage. I so far have bought amazing #1, amazing #2, and amazing #5 as those were some of my favorite spider-man covers.

Where did your mom get all her books from? Was she a collector?