• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Marvel Titles in October

276 posts in this topic

October is going to make the DC New 52 September look like the charity food pantry line...

Complain about moderns, print runs, variants all you like.

This is going to be FREE MONEY.

The general public is going to swarm for a Marvel reboot.

October is going to make the DC New 52 September look like the charity food pantry line...

No doubt Larry the masses will buy another all-new #1 but I highly doubt this is the demand of the general public or some outcry for another reboot. We just had a reboot with ASM vol. 3 and it went 19 issues....little over a year ago, Same with Spider-Gwen & Silk 5 issues under its belt and now another rebbot?

Money grab argument is spot on but the drumbeat for a reboot isn't present.

It could happen because of how big the Marvel movies have become.

Which ones do you think will hit it big? hm

There has to be a Batman #1 DC new 52 in there somewhere.

No doubt Larry the masses will buy another all-new #1 but I highly doubt this is the demand of the general public or some outcry for another reboot. We just had a reboot with ASM vol. 3 and it went 19 issues....little over a year ago, Same with Spider-Gwen & Silk 5 issues under its belt and now another rebbot?

Money grab argument is spot on but the drumbeat for a reboot isn't present.

No doubt Larry the masses will buy another all-new #1

Thank you.

I agree.

yes which ones....a new female spider-man powered villainess could be worth buying a few.

yes which ones....a new female spider-man powered villainess could be worth buying a few.

Is Space Knights #1 part of this?

For nostalgic reasons alone I like that.

I`ll have to give the rest of the list a good look through over the weekend.

Wonder where Rick Remender is at with the reboot?? Also I'm expecting for each series at least a blank version, a skottie young version, and for the premier series a Joe Quesada version. Star wars #1 and Uncanny Avengers #1 really piled on the variants.

Marvel Newer Now #1 followed by next September's Marvel All Newer Now #1

Followed by Atlantis Attacks 2.0 and Evolutionary War the return.

I love Marvel but this is becoming comical.

Marvel Newer Now #1 followed by next September's Marvel All Newer Now #1

Followed by Atlantis Attacks 2.0 and Evolutionary War the return.

I love Marvel but this is becoming comical.

Well, it's comics.

I don't know how much "the public" is clamoring for a Marvel reboot, but I expect numbers to be pushed up by both speculators and existing fans that are lapsed readers that decide to give Marvel another chance on the some titles. (I put myself in the latter category, if something looks interesting.)

Honestly, the number of people who've never bought a comic book, then see the movie and then come in and buy a comic book is very, very small.

Stop giving movies the credit for the growth of the comics market.

Image has done more for the growth of the market than any movie has done.

Movies have helped the movies grow. Not comic books.

Honestly, the number of people who've never bought a comic book, then see the movie and then come in and buy a comic book is very, very small.

You own a brick and mortar, right Chuck? Do you think the movies get already existing readers to pick up new titles?

I was talking to a friend of mine about this yesterday. He was planning on picking up a few of the books when the reboot came. Then he saw the list so far and now he's up to 20 titles he wants so far. Yes, this is a big comic book guy, but he was ready to pare everything down and then changed his mind.

For the movies make people buy comics argument, I think they give the general public a foot in the door. I was never a Daredevil fan until I saw the Netflix show. Honestly I could have cared less about him. Now I am buying everything from the 60's to last week for my collection. It made me reconsider the preconceptions I had about a character.

I was talking to a friend of mine about this yesterday. He was planning on picking up a few of the books when the reboot came. Then he saw the list so far and now he's up to 20 titles he wants so far. Yes, this is a big comic book guy, but he was ready to pare everything down and then changed his mind.

For the movies make people buy comics argument, I think they give the general public a foot in the door. I was never a Daredevil fan until I saw the Netflix show. Honestly I could have cared less about him. Now I am buying everything from the 60's to last week for my collection. It made me reconsider the preconceptions I had about a character.

Along that line, pre New 52 I was reading about 5 or 6 DC titles. When they relaunched, I picked up 10-15 titles. Now I'm down to 1 (Batman).

These reboots just don't retain readers unless they are truly of a high quality.

*shrug*

Ok.

My first movie boom was the Crow.

Interested viewers flooded comic shops for the ONLY source material at the time, the Tundra tpb...

We sold hundreds each week.

Most of those customers were not retained, but should I dismiss that much needed cash infusion to my small business?

The degree of success has varied over the years, but the movies, tv, video game releases do matter at my single storefront destination small business.

In my humble opinion, "media deals' are the carrot on a stick that are attracting a higher caliber of creator these days.

In my humble opinion, "media deals' are the carrot on a stick that are attracting a higher caliber of creator these days.

I think this might be the single biggest benefit to the industry as a result of all of the media hype.

I think this might be the single biggest benefit to the industry as a result of all of the media hype.

It's one of the reasons I think this latest "Boom" is sustainable.

TON of quality material being produced.

Top talent wants "Kirkman money."

My post was mainly about what Marvel comic of this group has the potential to be a big money maker like Batman #1 DC new 52.

There has to be one or two out of this lot that will bring in some good coins.

:)

My post was mainly about what Marvel comic of this group has the potential to be a big money maker like Batman #1 DC new 52.

There has to be one or two out of this lot that will bring in some good coins.

:)

I don't see any Batman #1 type returns from this relaunch unless there are some Hughes 1:50 or 1:100 incentive covers that you can snag for cheap. It will be too highly speculated on. Will there be $10 - $20 #1s? Definitely. Deadpool should be one. There may be a few other books that trend that way as well, but due to the expected high speculative print runs it will be tough. Look at the most recent ASM #1, as an example.......