• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Marvel Titles in October

276 posts in this topic

I was just looking over that large freebee that's been given out at the LCS.

Yea most of it looks even worse than the titles already are, and that's saying something. Maybe 1 or 2 hits here and there, but these don't inspire confidence.

I guess I am in what seems to be the minority.

I agree with Larry. There are going to be many good series to come from All New All Different Marvel. I am having great trouble picking & choosing between all of these seemingly fun titles. My list changes day to day.

As for Daredevil, I am excited to see a new(er) [Charles Soule] writer take on the title who also is or most recently was a practicing lawyer.

Letter 44 is one of my favorite titles.

Their plan is perfect. Relaunch all of the titles with new #1s to suck the fanboys in, but keeping in mind their standard 2 year plan before the next relaunch of #1s. lol

I can see why Larry is excited - all of the new #1s will be a huge windfall for LCS owners. As a collector, why pay cover for most of the books that will be $1 bin fodder in short order? From what I have seen with my sales at shows, the only Marvel Now books that have any demand at or above cover are the Deadpool #1, Ms. Marvel #1, and the latest female character #1s - Thor #1, Silk #1 and Spider-Gwen #1. I might be missing a couple of others, but most of the Marvel Now #1s have had no longer term appreciation. This is interesting as there are a number of DC New 52 #1s that will get at least $8-$10, with several being steady sellers at $15+. Who knows, maybe some of the All New Marvel Now #1s will have more staying power than the last Marvel Now relaunch #1s did, but I would not bet on it.

Their plan is perfect. Relaunch all of the titles with new #1s to suck the fanboys in, but keeping in mind their standard 2 year plan before the next relaunch of #1s. lol

I can see why Larry is excited - all of the new #1s will be a huge windfall for LCS owners. As a collector, why pay cover for most of the books that will be $1 bin fodder in short order? From what I have seen with my sales at shows, the only Marvel Now books that have any demand at or above cover are the Deadpool #1, Ms. Marvel #1, and the latest female character #1s - Thor #1, Silk #1 and Spider-Gwen #1. I might be missing a couple of others, but most of the Marvel Now #1s have had no longer term appreciation. This is interesting as there are a number of DC New 52 #1s that will get at least $8-$10, with several being steady sellers at $15+. Who knows, maybe some of the All New Marvel Now #1s will have more staying power than the last Marvel Now relaunch #1s did, but I would not bet on it.

I can see why Larry is excited

Clearly.

And succinctly:

I am excited because in my shops twenty seven year history:

Marvel has NEVER released 45+ #1's in one month with significant promotion behind the release.

I'm here on the CGC forums posting in speculator-y NOT critical terms.

If you can't get excited about this as a modern spec in several hundred ways, then stick to Gold, Silver, bronze, Keys original art.....

:)

Who is that hero that looks like Turok, son of Stone: Red Wolf? :popcorn:

Yeah. That's a tough sell, if you ask me.

When I saw that character the first thought that popped into my mind about their "diversity initiative" was someone at a meeting saying "And...don't forget we need a token indian!"

And that wasn't bugging me as much as I was thinking "Wow. I hope that is a new Turok or a story about an aboriginal native American getting sucked into a time-warp. Because if they are putting him in a modern setting and calling it "All new"...ouch. Why not pair him up with a pirate, or a roman soldier with a pilum? Maybe an irish superhero with a shillelagh and a sack of magic potatoes? Yeesh.

I also had issues with Thunderbird and Shaman. (a spandex jump suit with fringe and a loin-cloth worn over top? At least Dani Moonstar just had the knee high moccasins.)

It's possible that is only Red Wolf in the new mini; "1872" due out next week. Not sure that makes it much less awkward. And actually a bit pandering.

"Hey, what other diversity can we throw on this poster?"

"Red Wolf is in that miniseries. Does that count?"

"Native American? Sold!"

Warpaint, loin-cloth and buckskins with....muskateer boots?!?!?! WTH?

... ah what evs. :screwy:

doc-shaner-red-wolf.jpg

Clearly.

And succinctly:

Marvel has NEVER released 45+ #1's in one month with significant promotion behind the release.

If you can't get excited about this as a modern spec in several hundred ways, then stick to Gold, Silver, bronze, Keys original art.....

As I posted earlier, I think it is great for every LCS as it will be a great month for sales. Anything to help the brick and mortar stores make $$$ and, hopefully, add a few new customers is fine by me. (thumbs u

As a person who only speculates on moderns to turn the profits into older keys, I think it will be a bad investment of $$$ as there will only a couple of titles that might be worth more than cover a year from release. That being said, if any of the new releases have a Hughes 1:50 or 1:100 I will probably bite and chase it at a bulk discount on the regular issues needed to hit that mark.

All I know is my LCS was ticked off with Convergence, they ordered what they figured was more then enough, and the opposite happened no one wanted the gimmick. They had to cut the price and place in the back issue section already.

Clearly.

And succinctly:

As I posted earlier, I think it is great for every LCS as it will be a great month for sales. Anything to help the brick and mortar stores make $$$ and, hopefully, add a few new customers is fine by me. (thumbs u

As a person who only speculates on moderns to turn the profits into older keys, I think it will be a bad investment of $$$ as there will only a couple of titles that might be worth more than cover a year from release. That being said, if any of the new releases have a Hughes 1:50 or 1:100 I will probably bite and chase it at a bulk discount on the regular issues needed to hit that mark.

As a person who only speculates on moderns to turn the profits into older keys, I think it will be a bad investment of $$$

I think it will be multiple times better than the DC New 52 relaunch.

DC toured the country hosting retailer meetings to bolster sales & shops were still caught short..

They will be caught short again when the general public bites on this one.

If you didn't flip any of the first year of New 52 to buy older material, you certainly missed that gravy train...

Example:

New 52 Animal Man #1was a beast year one. Hardly anyone cares now.

That doesn't mean it was a bad investment. ( only if you held )

These are for the most part window of opportunity specs. Short term flips.

There will be more Animal Mans than Batman's in the Marvel relaunch.

I'll gladly take those.

If you sit this one out, it'll be a missed opportunity too...

( my humble opinion )

I'm with Larry on this one. There will be a few great flips to be had with this event. But you'll need to time that flip well to get the most bang out of your buck.

Unfortunately, I don't see many of these new series having legs. Not in the same way DC's N52 Batman has done. Batman is so special because it mixed a relaunch with great writing and fantastic art. If a comic has consistently good writing and art, then it's naturally going to keep interest from waning. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the title (and back issues) when Snyder and Capullo leave.

I don't see Marvel having a successful, long term run like Batman. Heck, I'm surprised to see Batman nearing 50 issues with the same team.

I'm with Larry on this one. There will be a few great flips to be had with this event. But you'll need to time that flip well to get the most bang out of your buck.

Unfortunately, I don't see many of these new series having legs. Not in the same way DC's N52 Batman has done. Batman is so special because it mixed a relaunch with great writing and fantastic art. If a comic has consistently good writing and art, then it's naturally going to keep interest from waning. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the title (and back issues) when Snyder and Capullo leave.

I don't see Marvel having a successful, long term run like Batman. Heck, I'm surprised to see Batman nearing 50 issues with the same team.

I'd be surprised if this new All New Marvel line lasts 25 issues before another relaunch. Its a pre-lauch to launch a relaunch. lol

All I know is my LCS was ticked off with Convergence, they ordered what they figured was more then enough, and the opposite happened no one wanted the gimmick. They had to cut the price and place in the back issue section already.

Yes Convergence was a total bomb. They just sit on the shelves. Been awhile since I have seen such a total bomb by DC or Marvel.