• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am back

41 posts in this topic

Welcome back!

I'm sorry to hear about your accident but it was inspiring to read of your journey back. :)

Agreed. Welcome back!

Welcome back man! Glad you are in good spirits.

This is actually quite ironic, I just sold my motorcycle today, this is why..................

My brother was involved in a crash last April and has had 6 surgeries. Crushed his whole foot and ripped his Achilles tendon. He's still not able to walk right and hopefully they won't have to take his foot, but the reality is he may have to have it removed. He has been living with me for over a year and can't work his profession. He can't stand more than an hour before he has to sit down. So i know what you have been going through, because I am still going through it. Stay strong bro.

You know what will make you happy?!?!?

COMICS!!!!!!

I am not quite up to the running around the track yet, but soon!

Luckily the guys at Vanderbilt have an awesome prosthetics lab and have hooked me up with some great manufacturers of BK legs.

Right now i am fitted for the Triton Harmony BK prosthesis from Ottobock, which is just too cool for words.

Carbon fiber foot and polyester spring are super light and i actually have better flexibility than i did before.

Welcome back! Good job on your split-second maneuver decision. Might not seem like it but things could have been so much worse.

I was actually going to ask you what model you're using and how comfortable/satisfied you were with it so thanks for sharing. It definitely sounds like a good fit and solves a lot of the issues with socket comfort and security. The split-toe looks like a terrific mechanical/dynamics development to allow for adaptability to uneven terrain and the carbon fiber heal springs look like they would apply a natural spring to each step. How is the feedback response to your knee and hips? Does the torsional ring allow for elastic pivotal rotation for making turns in your gait easy?

Limb prosthesis have come a long way in the last decade and are a far cry from what they used to be. Market demand has increased and so has funding so these things will continue to improve. Hand and finger prosthesis could be better but I'm hopeful someday soon we'll have full sensory feedback response command and control with any prosthesis. As you mentioned, you can already do somethings with a prosthetic that you couldn't with a normal leg but that's only scratching the surface. Imagine the possibilities of things to come. The catalyst will be solving the complexities and risks with a direct attached organic to inorganic bionic interface. Then the sky's the limit.

Take it one step at a time my friend.

What's your favorite comic?

I am an old school horror and war comic guy for the most part, but if we are talking modern stuff, then I would have to say that i am a really big GL fan for mainstream stuff, and if we are talking indy or small press, then definitely the whole Madman run.

I am not quite up to the running around the track yet, but soon!

Luckily the guys at Vanderbilt have an awesome prosthetics lab and have hooked me up with some great manufacturers of BK legs.

Right now i am fitted for the Triton Harmony BK prosthesis from Ottobock, which is just too cool for words.

Carbon fiber foot and polyester spring are super light and i actually have better flexibility than i did before.

Welcome back! Good job on your split-second maneuver decision. Might not seem like it but things could have been so much worse.

I was actually going to ask you what model you're using and how comfortable/satisfied you were with it so thanks for sharing. It definitely sounds like a good fit and solves a lot of the issues with socket comfort and security. The split-toe looks like a terrific mechanical/dynamics development to allow for adaptability to uneven terrain and the carbon fiber heal springs look like they would apply a natural spring to each step. How is the feedback response to your knee and hips? Does the torsional ring allow for elastic pivotal rotation for making turns in your gait easy?

Limb prosthesis have come a long way in the last decade and are a far cry from what they used to be. Market demand has increased and so has funding so these things will continue to improve. Hand and finger prosthesis could be better but I'm hopeful someday soon we'll have full sensory feedback response command and control with any prosthesis. As you mentioned, you can already do somethings with a prosthetic that you couldn't with a normal leg but that's only scratching the surface. Imagine the possibilities of things to come. The catalyst will be solving the complexities and risks with a direct attached organic to inorganic bionic interface. Then the sky's the limit.

Take it one step at a time my friend.

I have had a few gait management issues I am still dealing with, but from what all of my therapists have told me, this is to be expected as part of the adjustment processes.

My knee and hips havent been giving me any problem, but my back can get a little tight from over correcting for a very slight limp sometimes.

Sock rotation is less of an issue as they have given me the same type of roll on sleeve as they use for soldiers and it works REALLY well.

Welcome back. Sorry to hear what has happened. Thoughts go out to you to continually improve every day in as comfortable and as fast a way as possible.

I am an old school horror and war comic guy for the most part, but if we are talking modern stuff, then I would have to say that i am a really big GL fan for mainstream stuff, and if we are talking indy or small press, then definitely the whole Madman run.

when you say old school, you mean BA horror and war or GA real old school horror and war?

I like both, but I must admit that my heart is with BA because that is when I grew up reading them.

when you say old school, you mean BA horror and war or GA real old school horror and war?

I like both, but I must admit that my heart is with BA because that is when I grew up reading them.

I was actually referring to the real old school GA horror and war, especially anything EC

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I had a guy working for me who had the exact same thing happen to him on an exit ramp downtown St. Louis.

Health stuff sucks. I had, and am sure many other have had as well, the better pert of a year of my life taken from me for cancer treatment. My wife's an MD, which helped immensely, not to mention her unwavering support.

Sounds like you've had a great attitude and support system through the entire process. That's sometime half (or more) the battle.

Glad things are well and you're back here. Saddle up and enjoy.

I was actually referring to the real old school GA horror and war, especially anything EC

Great taste, there. So much superb material in the New Trend EC books. :)