• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JAWS coulda woulda shoulda been a great series

32 posts in this topic

Haha, that would have been great! I asked my wife if I could show Jaws to my 3 year old. She said no.
I think I saw Jaws when I was six and I loved it, still do to this day. The sequels on the other hand... :eek:

Hands down my favorite movie of all time, followed by Goodfellas and the Prestige. Jaws 2 was okay and the rest unbearable. I do have a Mad Magazine issue 180 with a great Jaws cover. I guess I could CGC this issue.

In all seriousness, one of my top greatest movies! Such an iconic movie poster too with the shark head rising up. I'm not so sure how well Marvel could have used Jaws in a series though. How soon after the first 2 or 3 issues would he have been fighting Devil Dinosaur or Godzilla? (shrug)

Such an iconic movie poster too with the shark head rising up.

It's so classic, I had to buy one and I don't even collect posters! (thumbs u

jaws.jpg

jaws.jpg

This is the image I always remember. Read that book till it fell apart.

untitled_zpsuvwuxrdm.png

They had one issue of a Curtis (Marvel) Mag dedicated to Jaws.

Why let a good fad go to waste? Curtis actually cranked out a whole bunch of different shark mags during the '70s and early '80s:

jaws3.jpg

jaws-of-horror-magazine-spring-1978.jpg

jaws-of-death-1982.jpg

They had one issue of a Curtis (Marvel) Mag dedicated to Jaws.

Why let a good fad go to waste? Curtis actually cranked out a whole bunch of different shark mags during the '70s and early '80s:

(thumbs u

Scan%20456_zpsdsaeytlk.jpeg

jaws.jpg

Last year at SuperMegaFest, I did have the honor and pleasure to meet and chat with the artist that painted this. He recalled sending the original out to Universal Studios and when it was to be sent back, it suddenly was never to be found. The man has a 200yr lawsuit in place and his family will inherit that. Somewhere in some Hollywood Man Cave sets this original masterpiece. Scumbags :sumo: