• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on TEC 31

21 posts in this topic

Alright guys my first post in the golden age section as I've recently gotten a "taste" for the classics. Now mind you, I have a couple GA books but certainly nothing along the lines of a TEC 31. I do, however, believe it's good to have ambitions and this is mine:)

Typically, how often do you see unrestored copies up for grabs? What kind of price point do they command in the 3.0-5.0 range? I saw comicconnect has one coming up for auction soon, and obviously there is some sales data of years past on heritage. Would love to hear any members that have experience aquiring one or if someone actually has one of these beauties they could post a scan of!!!

Thanks everyone... Just looking to learn from yall that have more experience than me.

Tony

20k/point sounds so easy when you say it like that:) One would hope my wife would understand!

So, I gather that while not necessarily common 31's do tend to rear their heads from time to time?

If you're ok with restored then you have many more options.

+1

And yes, the 31 comes up regularly more often than the 29 (I've been hunting for a suitable restored 29 for some time now).

31s unrestored are $20k a point. Prior to this year, blue labels had been scarce on the open marketplace. The past two CC auctions have netted copies. I sold my 5.0 privately for a ton a little over a month ago and that copy (mentioned earlier in this thread) just sold last week for more than a ton lol. 29s are tougher overall, but there have been more on the open market the last four years than unrestored 31s. Both great books of the pre Robin era.

I think it goes lower than last time. The last sale definitely raised a lot of eyebrows, and now it looks like the sale was never legit to begin with. Add to that the fact that it's no longer fresh to market...

Thanks for all the good feedback gentleman... Nothing against restored books but I just couldn't see dropping that much money on a purple label. I'd rather have a much lower grade blue label personally. Plus it seems like the market for restored books is so up and down? Maybe that's just me but the sales numbers seem sporadic

I think it goes lower than last time. The last sale definitely raised a lot of eyebrows, and now it looks like the sale was never legit to begin with. Add to that the fact that it's no longer fresh to market...
agreed. I say $18k

agreed. I say $18k

It goes for less than the last time, but more than 20K (or at least very close). My two cents.

I think there were multiple bidders around 20K last time.

Thanks for all the good feedback gentleman... Nothing against restored books but I just couldn't see dropping that much money on a purple label. I'd rather have a much lower grade blue label personally. Plus it seems like the market for restored books is so up and down? Maybe that's just me but the sales numbers seem sporadic

On a book like Tec 31 purple green no cover first few pages missing centerfold just front cover. IT DONT MATTER. Everthing now days cars trucks house they are all restored. Spoon even most of use Are Restored right Peter :screwy:

Primetime is the only Blue in this thread hate to see the price per point for him doh!