• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2016, July 20-24, San Diego, Ca.

319 posts in this topic

It took an hour of waiting at 8am despite them saying it wasn't necessary 'til 9am and then another hour 'til 10am to get in and by then Wed (Preview Night) and Saturday were sold out. Luckily, I got in right before Sat sold out.

They must have had a fixed allocation for each day to sell, including probably truncated allotments for Wed (Preview Night).

My friend who logged in at the same time as I did, still was (and is) waiting to get in, as the tickets sell out...

Comic-Con 2016 badges have sold out for attendee preregistration! If you were unable to purchase your desired badge type today, you may be able to participate in Open Registration in early 2016

Above is what I got after attending since late 1980s

That said, this has happened before and I usually end up there for at least Sunday

Mark

We didn't even get in to buy tickets or friends. All sold out. We were kicked out but able to log back in after 9am. I'm not sure if that jacked us or was an error? One of my friends told me they won 4 day passes and no preview. They failed to let us know to try to buy tix for us. More months to wait again. Congrats, to those who won. I hear rumors in San Diego, not sure if its true, urban myths, SDCC gives lotto tix to those zip codes outside of San Diego for tourists and less tickets to San Diego persons? Anyone hear that rumor?

We didn't even get in to buy tickets or friends. All sold out. We were kicked out but able to log back in after 9am. I'm not sure if that jacked us or was an error? One of my friends told me they won 4 day passes and no preview. They failed to let us know to try to buy tix for us. More months to wait again. Congrats, to those who won. I hear rumors in San Diego, not sure if its true, urban myths, SDCC gives lotto tix to those zip codes outside of San Diego for tourists and less tickets to San Diego persons? Anyone hear that rumor?

I live in San Diego and have got 4 day plus preview the last two years. Sadly only Sunday this time.

I live in San Diego and have got 4 day plus preview the last two years. Sadly only Sunday this time.

Good to know!!!! another urban legend smashed. Congrats. Nick

I got a 4 day pass, but that was way too stressful! I think the way to go is to have three or four people with Comic-Con ID's all get in the lotto with the hope that at least one will get to buy tickets for themselves and the others. Going it solo reduces your chances.

I got a 4 day pass, but that was way too stressful! I think the way to go is to have three or four people with Comic-Con ID's all get in the lotto with the hope that at least one will get to buy tickets for themselves and the others. Going it solo reduces your chances.

What is the maximum number of tickets you can buy?

(And I love the price images at the bottom of your posts.)

What is the maximum number of tickets you can buy?

(And I love the price images at the bottom of your posts.)

Maximum is three. So three peeps can go in together and whoever gets in first can buy tix for all three. However I have heard of glitches where the system prevents someone from purchasing more than one.

When did open registration take place last year? How difficult will it be to get 2 tickets for Saturday?

You will need to register before the tickets go on-sale for the general population. So if you have not registered an account, you should do it now, since there will be a lock-out period preceding the sale. Going by recent history, the tickets should go on sale sometime in Feb or Mar. SDCC sends out an email like 2 weeks before they go on sale. After the 4-days passes sell-out, Sat is usually the 1st day to sell-out. To be honest, getting any tickets for SDCC is hard. It's all luck of the draw once the waiting-room opens up, after that, you just ride out the stress of the next 45-60 mins.