• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2016, July 20-24, San Diego, Ca.

319 posts in this topic

I have been trying for 5 years and this is is my year!! I got my ticket!! Looking forward to my first SDCC preview night and all the rest!!

Congrats to you, enjoy, you will love it!!! Congrats to all who made it in. I never made it in to que once again.

Almost a guarantee they'll be checking id's to activate the rfid tags in the badges. Buyers of scalped tickets are going to be sorely pissed and screwed.

Not sure what they will do but I sincerely doubt anyone is going to check IDs when entering. It just takes too much time and people are coming and going all the time. Often swarms of people want to enter at once.

This may sound like odd reasoning but I am not against scalpers in some cases. There is a limit to three tickets purchased as long as a buyer has three valid SDCC IDs. The scalpers chance of getting in are the same as anyone's. If a scalper could get in easily and buy 20 tickets I'd be against it. But with the current system of maybe three tops, I'm OK with it. Reason I say this is I would be willing to spend $1,000 for a full pass if I wasn't lucky enough to buy my own. There are others that would pay big too. So the question is, if you cannot buy a ticket the normal way and you don't have any dealer friends that could get you in with an extra exhibitor pass and you have no way of going other than buying a scalped ticket, would you buy one? I would. Granted, the scalpers take away some of the chances of others who want to go, but this enables those to go who are willing to pay through the nose for it. I'm one of them, but a grand would be my tops. Luckily I did get full passes this year at prereg so I don't need to worry about it, but as soon as I get locked out I'll look into the possibility of buying from a scalper (after researching the method in which tickets are checked to see if it would work or not).

Almost a guarantee they'll be checking id's to activate the rfid tags in the badges. Buyers of scalped tickets are going to be sorely pissed and screwed.

doubt it... NYCC rfid badges are activated online...

NYCC badges aren't tied externally to anyone. They're easy to scalp without issue. SDCC has your name emblazoned on the front of it. There will initially be some sort of identity verification prior to activation guaranteed.

Open registration is on Feb 20th.

My friend and another is trying for badges on Feb 20th and has room for 1 more person to assist in purchase and they would need help as well.

A member contacted me and I got him to connect with a buddy who was trying also and my friend was able to get in and buy after 3-4 mins in the que. Lucky him and the member here :applause::banana:

In the future I wouldn't mind trying to get others a badge. I was on when they did this in November and lucked into a 4,day badge. I could have bought two more. We should maximize our efforts and help each other out. (thumbs u

Anyone know how the parking passes work?

Here is last year's information on parking. Pretty much, parking passes will be first come first serve. The parking website locked up during prior years.

http://www.aceparking.com/comic-con/

If you are staying at a hotel close by, they should offer parking. When I last attended in 2014, I stayed at the Marriott with a whopping $30 per day parking. The Marriott only lets hotel guests park in their lot. The Marriott also required a minimum of a six day stay at inflated rates.

Anyone know how the parking passes work?

Here is last year's information on parking. Pretty much, parking passes will be first come first serve. The parking website locked up during prior years.

http://www.aceparking.com/comic-con/

If you are staying at a hotel close by, they should offer parking. When I last attended in 2014, I stayed at the Marriott with a whopping $30 per day parking. The Marriott only lets hotel guests park in their lot. The Marriott also required a minimum of a six day stay at inflated rates.

It wasn't first come, first serve last year. You submitted your email address, and they assigned a window in which you could buy parking. This was to avoid the major problems in previous years when they tried to sell to everyone at once and their system crashed.

I was concerned about the new system, especially when my window turned out to be weeks into the sale, but I ended up getting parking for all 5 days at the Hilton garage right next to the convention center. No problem.

If there are any pros/exhibitors who might have an extra guest badge, my wife is interested in attending this year and I'd love to be able to get her a badge (would pay for it of course). We didn't have much luck in the regular sale.

Thanks so much for any willing to help!