• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2016, July 20-24, San Diego, Ca.

319 posts in this topic

Frustrating. I had a condo lined up for the whole week of the con, and the owner just cancelled on me. Now I have to decide whether to nab one of the early bird hotels 6-8 miles from the convention center, or take my chances with the downtown hotel offerings.

Frustrating. I had a condo lined up for the whole week of the con, and the owner just cancelled on me. Now I have to decide whether to nab one of the early bird hotels 6-8 miles from the convention center, or take my chances with the downtown hotel offerings.

That is frustrating, sorry. I was in your same situation this your and chose to go the Early Bird route. I stayed at Town and Country last year and it was a fantastic place. Older hotel but updated and nice on very pretty grounds. Waiting for the bus and then the 20 minute ride to and from was a bit of a hassle, but it worked. The thing is, if you take a gamble on a regular hotel and then miss out, there will be really slim pickens on the Early Bird options and everything else after that. Already some Early Bird options are sold out, so good luck! As a very last resort there are some hotels in the Chula Vista area that are on the trolley route. We usually book the Motel 6 there as a backup but luckily have not had to use it.

That is frustrating, sorry. I was in your same situation this your and chose to go the Early Bird route. I stayed at Town and Country last year and it was a fantastic place. Older hotel but updated and nice on very pretty grounds. Waiting for the bus and then the 20 minute ride to and from was a bit of a hassle, but it worked. The thing is, if you take a gamble on a regular hotel and then miss out, there will be really slim pickens on the Early Bird options and everything else after that. Already some Early Bird options are sold out, so good luck! As a very last resort there are some hotels in the Chula Vista area that are on the trolley route. We usually book the Motel 6 there as a backup but luckily have not had to use it.

we had a condo on Coronado confirmed and paid for, and then was refunded...simply told it was an error and not updated ...luckily had a fall back hotel... whew

I just booked the Doubletree by Hilton in Mission Valley. Right next to the Fashion Valley Mall with lots of food choices and a theater. I'll just buy parking near the convention center all 5 days.

I just booked the Doubletree by Hilton in Mission Valley. Right next to the Fashion Valley Mall with lots of food choices and a theater. I'll just buy parking near the convention center all 5 days.

Good deal. At T&C last year that was right across the street so we went to the mall a few times. Very nice outdoor food court on the upper level of the mall. Now you can sit back and relax and not worry about the hotel fiasco coming up!

When going to the Gaslamp District, getting a cab is easy.

When leaving the Gaslamp District, getting a cab is virtually impossible, unless you walk to the "top" of the District where the crowds are thinner.

I find it's always easier and cheaper to buy the unlimited bus/trolley pass and just use public transportation.

The condo we rent is 3 blocks from the nearest bus stop. Easy-peasy.

Hmm if anyone happens to have an extra hotel room, I need one, hah. I'm on the waitlist now for a room. Will be interesting since my pass is thurs-sun lol.

Don't some of the early bird hotels still have availability? Not as convenient as the hotels closer to the convention center, but at least it's a roof over your head.