• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buzzetta's SDCC Couch Tour 2015 - No Lines for Drinks or Bathroom Waits

173 posts in this topic

Lego Comic Con Exclusives...

LEGO_SDCC_2015_Ultron_Front-500x333.jpg635702908146155841-CaptainFalcon-ProductShot-FINAL.jpg

Why does Falcon/Cap have a Billy Dee Williams hair-do? (shrug)

Lego forum's have already been griping about this. Personally, I am sure that the inevitable China produced knock off will correct this.

Or you could just take off the hair and he would look about right.

Lego Comic Con Exclusives...

LEGO_SDCC_2015_Ultron_Front-500x333.jpg635702908146155841-CaptainFalcon-ProductShot-FINAL.jpg

Why does Falcon/Cap have a Billy Dee Williams hair-do? (shrug)

Lego forum's have already been griping about this. Personally, I am sure that the inevitable China produced knock off will correct this.

Or you could just take off the hair and he would look about right.

By the end of SDCC, Lego should be revealing their Force Awakens lineup which has somewhat been leaked (New Millennium Falcon at $150) but I expect them to also reveal some teasers for the 2016 line which should include some Captain America: Civil War sets. I am hoping we see another Falcon in that set.

Anyone looking to buy the SDCC Devastator may want to hold off. The Takara import may be the better option. Me? I don't have the space for any of them.

Devastator (Gift set, 2015)

Unite Warriors Devastator is a redeco and slight retool of Hasbro's version, the most notable differences being the inclusion of individual handguns for the Constructicons and a new combiner head that can switch between visored and non-visored faces. Every member has been retooled in some manner from the Hasbro versions: Hook, Mixmaster, Long Haul, and Scrapper have been remolded to sport better elbows, and Bonecrusher and Scavenger have been remolded to sport better knees.

Devastator and each Constructicon's deco is heavily based on the original G1 animation. This includes adding many painted details. The most notable changes to Devasator himself is a metallic gray face (instead of silver), matching purple on the treads that comprise his chest, purple hands, and a left foot that resembles the cab portion of G1 Mixmaster's alt mode.

TakaraTomy-Unite-Warriors-Devastator.jpg

Apparently Deadpool was in the original Kenner line of Secret Wars... no one noticed him.

He's just the con exclusive. They're just having fun. ;)

When they are that big they don't have the detail that would be shown off at a smaller scale. Pass for now... Tis just my opinion. 1995's Toy Biz 10" line had more detail.

These aren't being made for the detail...they're being made for nostalgia.

This is something for those that have a ridiculous amount of space. Something I do not...

It's a Tie Fighter... but not just any tie fighter... I don't want to even tell you who is making it as it will spoil it...

Holy sweet merciful rump roast! Did they announce a price?

Man, that might be something worth saving for, but if the pilot is $200 then imagine how much north of $1k THAT has to be!

This is something for those that have a ridiculous amount of space. Something I do not...

It's a Tie Fighter... but not just any tie fighter... I don't want to even tell you who is making it as it will spoil it...

Holy sweet merciful rump roast! Did they announce a price?

Man, that might be something worth saving for, but if the pilot is $200 then imagine how much north of $1k THAT has to be!

Since it's

Hot Toys

, there's always the question of whether or not they'll actually release it at all. They're cruel like that.

What do the Hot Toy's Batmobiles usually go for? $500-$700?

I am going to throw it out there that due to the wing span, this piece is going to be far larger. Thing about it, a 12" figure has to actually sit into it. Those wings are quite large compared to the cockpit. I am "guestimating" it to be about 26" wide and 22" tall? Perhaps 16" long from front of the wing to back?

I want to see dimensions but while it has to be less complicated than the features they throw into the Batmobiles, I could see the licensing fee from Disney increasing the cost dramatically.

Available in stores by the end of the month I believe... debuting for purchase at the con? Someone correct me if I am wrong on this as I do not believe that this is a con exclusive.

rancorpit1.jpg

(worship):takeit:

Last year's boxed set of Endor is still sitting on clearance at many TRU's. Wait this one out as everything in that set is a repack except for the Rancor which is a repaint.

Toys R Us posted this Jabba / Rancor pack for order on their website: HERE

The cost is $129.99 with free shipping.

Here is your breakdown:

4 x figures that retail at $10 each at TRU / Soon to be $11-12 by the end of the year. So that is your $40-50 worth.

That leaves the value of $80 - $90 to be split between Jabba and the Rancor.

Unless you are keeping this in the box, I believe that you can get the individual parts for cheaper on eBay. Jabba from the Walmart pack will run you about $50-60 loose and complete but sometimes boxed according to completed listings. This would include the dais, Salacious Crumb and Oola the dancing green girl complete with all other things around the dais. In this pack you merely get the Jabba figure. The Rancor can be found as it has been released in several molds and several paint schemes.

yayomg-lego-dimensions-675x338.png

Lego is going to dominate the world one day…

Dr. Who will be in the new Lego Dimensions game, which for those that are unaware of this adventure, is basically every property they have license to will interact with and collaborate to go up against their foes in a Lego world. The only Lego license not on board with this game is Disney, so as of now, do not expect to see Han Solo, Indiana Jones or any Marvel character team up with the properties taking part in the game.

Basically, you buy the core set and video game. The more lego sets you buy open up expansions of the game and allow for more characters to mingle.

Lego Dimensions Information (Lego Site) HERE

List of advertised properties taking part in the game with release dates (Wiki) HERE

The Simpsons

Dr Who (Yes, all of the Drs)

Back to the Future

Lord of the Rings

Lego Movie

The Wizard of Oz

Lego Ninjago

Jurassic World

Scooby Doo

DC Superheros

Lego Chima

So if you are looking to create a team of the Dr, Batman, Two movie versions of Chris Pratt, Gandolf and Marty McFly to step up against against the Wicked Witch of the West and her flying monkeys along with the Daleks… you found your new hobby.

Get on board with this Disney…

Dr. Who trailer…

17477045536_09da8d873a_z.jpg

yayomg-lego-dimensions-675x338.png

Forgive me if this has already been seen elsewhere… CNBC was reporting this out of comic con and it will make the Star Trek fan's mouths just drop.

How about a blue tooth enabled Star Trek communicator which connects to your blue tooth enabled cell phone (android, iPhone) and allows you to use the communicator as your phone instead?

Available for $150 at Startrek.com HERE

102815067-Untitled1.530x298.jpg

Since it's

Hot Toys

, there's always the question of whether or not they'll actually release it at all. They're cruel like that.

Didn't they only do that with the Hover-Bat, though?

There have been several figure lines that they've announced, and even shown protos of, that never saw the light of day. Prometheus, X-Men First Class and Green Lantern, just to name a few off the top of my head.

Available in stores by the end of the month I believe... debuting for purchase at the con? Someone correct me if I am wrong on this as I do not believe that this is a con exclusive.

rancorpit1.jpg

(worship):takeit:

Last year's boxed set of Endor is still sitting on clearance at many TRU's. Wait this one out as everything in that set is a repack except for the Rancor which is a repaint.

Toys R Us posted this Jabba / Rancor pack for order on their website: HERE

The cost is $129.99 with free shipping.

Here is your breakdown:

4 x figures that retail at $10 each at TRU / Soon to be $11-12 by the end of the year. So that is your $40-50 worth.

That leaves the value of $80 - $90 to be split between Jabba and the Rancor.

Unless you are keeping this in the box, I believe that you can get the individual parts for cheaper on eBay. Jabba from the Walmart pack will run you about $50-60 loose and complete but sometimes boxed according to completed listings. This would include the dais, Salacious Crumb and Oola the dancing green girl complete with all other things around the dais. In this pack you merely get the Jabba figure. The Rancor can be found as it has been released in several molds and several paint schemes.

"Those Star Wars sets are too damn high!"

Jimmy McMillan

Rent is too Damn High Party

$89 would have been my sweet spot