• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buzzetta's SDCC Couch Tour 2015 - No Lines for Drinks or Bathroom Waits

173 posts in this topic

This is how people get themselves fired. Nothing has been officially released or acknowledged. I am not guessing that all the big reveals will be at the Disney version of Comic Con in about a month or two.

LEGO-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Leaked-Image.jpg

i so want this....

Couch Tour Comic Con purchase made

New Gods 1 - Advertised as a VF+… The image is cropped so let's see what I get when I get it.

_57_5.jpg

D23 is August 14-16

I have to assume that they will show off some Star Wars stuff there as the street date for merchandise is September 4th.

Toys R Us has not restocked the shelves in what seems like the first quarter of 2012 and even they have a countdown clock in front a Star Wars sign.

There will be a glut of merchandise I am sure, however, there is an alleged letter going around to retailers that their initial delivery to their warehouse will be their first only only delivery until a second mass wave of items about two weeks before Christmas.

If people were fighting at SDCC for a Stormtrooper I can only imagine the wrath and rage of Long Island Soccer Moms in the toy aisle as to who saw that Stormtrooper first.

Andrew, you are going to heaven for putting all these up... if not for longer stay, at least you'll get the hi-tea pass for a nice session with the beautiful Angels.... (blink blink)

Thanks for the kind words from everyone.

Couch Tour Wrap Up

One day I may go to SDCC and see if it lives up to the hype. For now I am content with NYCC in my backyard (which will be the October thread that nobody demanded III come this fall). Here are my general comments: (and of course some tunes at the very end)

• DC dropped the ball but not going all out to outshine Marvel since Marvel did not have much of a presence.
  • Hot Toys and Sideshow really made the most of their con. I don't even buy their stuff but just wow on everything they put out.
  • I am disappointed but not surprised that Disney did not go full force with their Star Wars property at Comic Con. I am guessing that their big showing will be at D23, their own con, which is less than a month before the street date for SW:TFA merchandise.
  • It continues to be a great time to be a geek at the movies. I would have said you were lying if you told me that all of these sci-fi and comic properties would be around in the theater twenty years ago.

My SDCC Couch Tour pick up?

New Gods 1 VF?

Transformers Masterpiece TRU Exclusive Blue Streak

SDCC Exclusive GI Joe: Desert Duel Battle Set. (But if it starts to go for some ungodly sum, I will sell it to fund something else)

Lego: Winter Solider minifigure promo (No way I was walking out of Couch Tour without a Lego premium figure.

Page of Artwork…

I sold a bunch of things so I could justify the purchase as I gear up for NYCC and something in my personal life. The page in question is coming home to the states and is on its way so I believe it is safe to post it. I made a deal with the owner and he seems pleased that it is being added to a good home. This is from the original Marvel series. I cannot wait to have it in hand.

gijoe136page4.jpg

Songs… could not decide what to exit with… I wanted to leave "The End" but then I realized I had to throw down with a Twee-prise since I snuck Tweezer into the thread… so, both. Take care.

Twee-prise!!!! Twee-prise!!!!