• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 10 GA Motorcycle Covers
5 5

179 posts in this topic

Sorry I don't have the link but check out the Film Fun magazine with the Bolles motorcycle cover that just sold in the Heritage auction. Sweet.

Indeed, and I was the one that won it

Good taste! What type of motorcycle is it? I know that the guys in American Pickers would know.

I thought I had pretty much all the golden age motorcycle covers identified and on my list, but this book surprised me...saw it sitting on eBay, and was like...there're two motorcycles on there! Bid -> WIN!

Never noticed this one before. I love it...look at this red-dressed dame two-fisting the revolvers. The motorcycles provide a great excuse to own it...

crimednp36_f.jpg

I thought I had pretty much all the golden age motorcycle covers identified and on my list, but this book surprised me...saw it sitting on eBay, and was like...there're two motorcycles on there! Bid -> WIN!

Never noticed this one before. I love it...look at this red-dressed dame two-fisting the revolvers. The motorcycles provide a great excuse to own it...

crimednp36_f.jpg

That's bloody marvelous, Ed!

There you go Ed. I've got one "hidden" motorcycle cover I'm eying on the bay right now.

In the meanwhile, here is a recent purchase. Looks to have had some restoration work on staples, spine but nice bike cover - inside is real patriotic with Liberty Belle and Star-Spangled Kid and Stripesy.

image5079.jpg

Edited by path4play

There you go Ed. I've got one "hidden" motorcycle cover I'm eying on the bay right now.

In the meanwhile, here is a recent purchase. Looks to have had some restoration work on staples, spine but nice bike cover - inside is real patriotic with Liberty Belle and Star-Spangled Kid and Stripesy.

image5079.jpg

:applause: Great minds.... :D

I just picked up this one from Jim Payette last week...a little more interior cover tanning than I'd like, but otherwise, I like it!:

starspangled46_f.jpg

I know this issue has been posted before but it is a classic. Just got this one for HA :cloud9:

batman25s.jpg

Congrats - great pickup!

Here's my copy...picked up from a boardie a couple years ago:

batman25_f.jpg

...and, while we're on the subject of Bat 'cycle covers...:

batman34_f_zps06150a80.jpg

while not a motorcycle, the second image is possibly one of the worst "cycle" covers.

batman_29s.jpg

:P

Yeah...what the hell are those two doing on those penny-farthings in the first place? :insane:

Look at Robin...."no hands, Batman!"

:roflmao:

The stylistic similarity between a couple books just struck me.... hm

Back to the Bat #34...imagine that Batman is a police officer, and Robin is like Batman's gun/bullet:

Now, look at this early 'Tec (my copy, won last month at Heritage):

detective16_f.jpg

I know this issue has been posted before but it is a classic. Just got this one for HA :cloud9:

batman25s.jpg

Congrats - great pickup!

Here's my copy...picked up from a boardie a couple years ago:

batman25_f.jpg

...and, while we're on the subject of Bat 'cycle covers...:

.... no shocked Robin corner poses here :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u