• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 10 GA Motorcycle Covers
5 5

179 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Ed, Have you completed the chopper run?

Nah. For some time, I was going in that direction...following my natural completist bent into the motorcycle cover arena. However, I think I've now decided that it's OK to not get them all...I can just have some of my favorites, and let some issues fall by the wayside. :whatthe:

It's cathartic...like, I realize that I don't have to complete the "GA Motorcycle Cover" run in order to get satisfaction from that collecting strand. :idea:  I'm still coming to full terms with it, though. :D  It's a good psychological exercise...

Just now, edowens71 said:

Nah. For some time, I was going in that direction...following my natural completist bent into the motorcycle cover arena. However, I think I've now decided that it's OK to not get them all...I can just have some of my favorites, and let some issues fall by the wayside. :whatthe:

It's cathartic...like, I realize that I don't have to complete the "GA Motorcycle Cover" run in order to get satisfaction from that collecting strand. :idea:  I'm still coming to full terms with it, though. :D  It's a good psychological exercise...

In other words, you're admitting to being a total loser? :makepoint:

Actually, I know the feeling full well.  I've been acquiring high-grade Four Colors, telling myself that I'm absolutely, positively NOT going to attempt that gargantuan run. Just the covers that sing to me.  Then I find myself eyeing a high-grade copy of an issue with a really lame cover .... hm

21 hours ago, edowens71 said:

After motorcycles I moved to football covers, never dreamed of having them all of either but still find myself picking up stuff.  Then there is just stuff I'm attached to GGA, robots, ummm Schomburg.  Now trying to complete small early runs (#2-11 for example) of GA big 6 superheros (coverless).  I'm all over the place.  

Here's a recent pickup...now the earliest motorcycle cover I own (barely edging out Detective Comics #16 by a couple months).

Actually, now that I think about it, I can't think of any motorcycle cover that pre-dates this one...is this the first ever comic-cover appearance of a motorcycle? hm

starcomics10_f.jpg

Edited by edowens71

8 hours ago, edowens71 said:

Here's a recent pickup...now the earliest motorcycle cover I own (barely edging out Detective Comics #16 by a couple months).

Actually, now that I think about it, I can't think of any motorcycle cover that pre-dates this one...is this the first ever comic-cover appearance of a motorcycle? hm

starcomics10_f.jpg

I love it, not another on the watch list?  Ohh...

23 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I never thought about this as a motor cycle cover.

all%20select%204%20001.jpg

The Cap, I knew was considered one (not that it mattered to me. I think I have a few more, somewhere, lol.

598b9c8c27475_captainamerica27001.thumb.jpg.c7c5eb31ba138b4a40af97feaa0efb6a.jpg

wow, beautiful copies!:golfclap:

1 hour ago, path4play said:

Had never noticed this one before, happened to spot the motorcycle and grabbed it.

91120171.jpg

That and the Famous Funnies were at the Long Beach con. I know who bought them and put them on the bay. Better look at them real close to make sure they are complete... Hope so. I almost bought it at the con but the chew kind of bothered me so I let it go. Cool book!