• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman The Killing Joke Animated Movie

215 posts in this topic

Additional Details On BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE Animated Feature And More

The animated adaptation of Batman: The Killing Joke is executive produced by Bruce Timm and will retell this classic tale in an exciting new way. It will also feature an original 15-minute prologue that helps set up the story, giving even longtime fans of the story something new to look forward to.

In addition, two other animated movies were announced, and those are Batman: Bad Blood (an original Batman story that features the introduction of Batwoman to the new line of animated films) and Justice League vs. Titans (another original story and the first of the DC Universe Original Movies to feature the Teen Titans).

Will it be R rated?
Normally, I don't agree with a gritty live-action funnybook adaption going PG-13, but when the animated ones are marketed towards teens (when released and then well after-Walmart endcaps), I think it's reasonable to believe this will be PG-13 as well. You can't have an R-rated The Killing Joke mixed in with PG-rated All-Star Superman down the road. An R-rated animation would also limit it's intended audience. I have just about every animated DC movie on disc (so that's my expertise on it lol ).

Will it be R rated?
Normally, I don't agree with a gritty live-action funnybook adaption going PG-13, but when the animated ones are marketed towards teens (when released and then well after-Walmart endcaps), I think it's reasonable to believe this will be PG-13 as well. You can't have an R-rated The Killing Joke mixed in with PG-rated All-Star Superman down the road. An R-rated animation would also limit it's intended audience. I have just about every animated DC movie on disc (so that's my expertise on it lol ).

Just because of the subject matter, I think it will be rated PG-13.I agree that DC would be losing t big time if it got an R, so they wouldn't make it too graphic.

Anyway, I wll definitely watch it, I have seen every episode of the 90's Batman Adventures carton series and loved it....especialy the Jonah Hex an Blade Runner episodes.Timm was very good at producing a animated show for kids, that also had more "adult themes".

Does anyone know the release date for this flick?

Incidentally,I bought a collection last month with a 1st print Killing Joke in it, IIRC it is a 9.8 candidate....definitely will be subbing that book to CGC, ASAP. (thumbs u

FWIW, I have always done well with later printings of The Killing Joke.Last time I had a raw copy, it was a 5th or 6th printand a NM+ IIRC.It sold of my wall , the first show that I took it to, for around $50.This wasn't an outlier sale either, any 80's printings of the book are good sellers.

Additional Details On BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE Animated Feature And More

The animated adaptation of Batman: The Killing Joke is executive produced by Bruce Timm and will retell this classic tale in an exciting new way. It will also feature an original 15-minute prologue that helps set up the story, giving even longtime fans of the story something new to look forward to.

In addition, two other animated movies were announced, and those are Batman: Bad Blood (an original Batman story that features the introduction of Batwoman to the new line of animated films) and Justice League vs. Titans (another original story and the first of the DC Universe Original Movies to feature the Teen Titans).

Do you ever come up for air ? Or do you only do the worker bee thing ??

Jerel!!! How you doing buddy? I hope all is well. I have not seen The Dark Knight returns yet. Will all the SDCC announcements for animated series, I've gone and updated my Amazon wish list. I also play to buy the complete animated series of Batman, been putting that off for a while. Any other suggestions while I'm at it?

Will it be R rated?

Just because of the subject matter, I think it will be rated PG-13.I agree that DC would be losing t big time if it got an R, so they wouldn't make it too graphic.

Anyway, I wll definitely watch it, I have seen every episode of the 90's Batman Adventures carton series and loved it....especialy the Jonah Hex an Blade Runner episodes.Timm was very good at producing a animated show for kids, that also had more "adult themes".

Does anyone know the release date for this flick?

Incidentally,I bought a collection last month with a 1st print Killing Joke in it, IIRC it is a 9.8 candidate....definitely will be subbing that book to CGC, ASAP. (thumbs u

FWIW, I have always done well with later printings of The Killing Joke.Last time I had a raw copy, it was a 5th or 6th printand a NM+ IIRC.It sold of my wall , the first show that I took it to, for around $50.This wasn't an outlier sale either, any 80's printings of the book are good sellers.

Sub away, I hope you get an awesome grade. The Killing Joke is one of my favorite Batman tales, I have 1 CGC Blue label 9.9 (self sub yay), one raw, and one SS 9.8 that I will never part with because I got it from TJ (Lebowski).

Jerel!!! How you doing buddy? I hope all is well.
My mother had my father's gravestone stone made and set, it's beautiful (a woods scene). I had a close encounter with a drone today (it was kinda like ET), probably will be a newspaper article. Hallmark Christmas ornament weekend. You know, SSDD.

I have not seen The Dark Knight returns yet. Will all the SDCC announcements for animated series, I've gone and updated my Amazon wish list. I also play to buy the complete animated series of Batman, been putting that off for a while. Any other suggestions while I'm at it?

Here's a list of DC movies I have compiled, they are all pretty good until #18 or so. I know your not too big of a Big Two fan, but if you watch them pretty randomly, I think you'll enjoy a lot of them. Just about all the one's with Batman in the title are great. :)

1. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns****

2. Superman/Batman: Apocalypse***1/2

3. Superman/Batman: Public Enemies***1/2

4. The Batman Superman Movie***1/2

5. All-Star Superman***1/2

6. Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox***1/2

7. Batman: Assault on Arkham***1/2

8. Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero***

9. Son of Batman***

10. Batman Vs. Robin***

11. Batman: Under The Red Hood***

12. Wonder Woman***

13. Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker***

14. Batman: Year One***

15. Superman: Doomsday***

16. Batman Beyond: The Movie***

17. Superman/Shazam!: Return of Black Adam***

18. Superman Unbound***

19. Green Lantern: First Flight***

20. Justice League: Throne of Atlantis**1/2

21. Batman: Gotham Knight**1/2

22. Green Lantern: Emerald Knights**1/2

23. Justice League: Doom**

24. Justice League: War*1/2

25: JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time*1/2

Honorable Mention: The Lego Movie***

Quite a number of DC Animated movies are available for streaming on Amazon Prime and I'll work my way through all of these, eventually. I have seen the two-part DKR adaptation, which was good, and so I'll also be interested in Killing Joke; more dark and gritty stuff from the 80s.

Please do not complain that the show is sexist misogynist or that it disturbs you. It is supposed to disturb you. It's the Joker not my lil pony.

Mark Hamill Reportedly Voicing The Joker In Batman: The Killing Joke

Mark Hamill will reportedly voice The Joker for Batman: The Killing Joke, the upcoming animated feature film from DC Entertainment.

Hamill will reprise the role of Batman’s arch-nemesis after saying that he had retired the character. As most know, Hamill voiced The Joker through Batman: The Animated Series, the Batman Arkham video games, and other projects. When Warner Bros announced at San Diego Comic Con that they would bring the Joker-centric graphic novel to life, Hamill said that he would come out of retirement to voice the Joker in that film.

:whee: