• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman The Killing Joke Animated Movie

215 posts in this topic

I would give my left azz cheek for some quality time with Tara Strong.

Tara_Strong.jpg

:cloud9:

She is ugly and 43. (shrug)

I would never spend anytime with a girl in her 40's let alone 30's. :screwy:

I also loved her stuff in The Marvel Superhero Squad. Still adorable and talented. :luhv:

Tara_Strong.jpg

Hey some of us like older women who keep themselves in shape and voice Powerpuff Girls and little boys with fairy godparents! ;)

Tara_Strong.jpg

Geez, Hef... You're getting so choosy in your old age ;)

Geez, Hef... You're getting so choosy in your old age ;)

She's much prettier than that photo lets on. I had posted a video she did in the Movie Generals thread from the set of Teen Titans Go.

I also think she is very talented.

I would give my left azz cheek for you to take some quality time off the boards :)

I barely post on the boards anymore...what's your problem, son?

He's always had sand in his panties.

Batman: The Killing Joke Gets A R-Rating

Batman: The Killing Joke animated movie has officially been given a R-Rating, according to a EW report.

Last year, Comicbook.com first reported that the animated film could receive a R-Rating. During a New York Comic Con Panel, producer James Tucker said in regard to The Killing Joke, "And you know, they said we could make it a R."

“From the start of production, we encouraged producer Bruce Timm and our team at Warner Bros. Animation to remain faithful to the original story — regardless of the eventual MPAA rating,” said Register. “The Killing Joke is revered by the fans, particularly for its blunt, often-shocking adult themes and situations. We felt it was our responsibility to present our core audience — the comics-loving community — with an animated film that authentically represented the tale they know all too well.”

Batman: The Killing Joke will be the first DC Universe Original Animated Movie to receive a R-Rating.

I wonder for what...

There isn't any language, violence, and only slight nudity in the comic...what did they add in to make it a "R"?

It's definitely a light-hearted story.

:baiting:

In the present day, the Joker kidnaps Commissioner Gordon and imprisons him in a run-down amusement park and shoots and paralyzes his daughter Barbara (Batgirl). His henchmen then strip Gordon naked and cage him in the park's freak show. He chains Gordon to one of the park's rides and forces him to view giant pictures of his wounded daughter, naked, hoping to drive Gordon insane in order to prove that the most upstanding citizen can go mad after having "one bad day." Once Gordon has run the horrifying gauntlet, the Joker puts him on display in the freak show, ridiculing him as "the average man," a naïve weakling doomed to insanity.

:ohnoez:

I wonder how it will wrap up the story in the end. Will it go with the unanswered view "What happened", or the one that started to come out many years later?

Did Batman Kill The Joker at the End of ‘The Killing Joke’?

According to comic book writer and author of numerous Batman titles, Grant Morrison, that’s exactly what happens at the end of The Killing Joke. In a recent interview with Kevin Smith about his new Wonder Woman project, Morrison spoke about Moore’s work and offered his own take on what happens as Batman and The Joker laugh maniacally together in the rain, suggesting that the former actually murders the latter. Here are Morrison’s words from the ‘Fatman on Batman’ podcast:

"That’s why it’s called ‘The Killing Joke.’ The Joker tells the ‘Killing Joke’ at the end, Batman reaches out and breaks his neck, and that’s why the laughter stops and the light goes out, ’cause that was the last chance at crossing that bridge. And Alan Moore wrote the ultimate Batman/Joker story — he finished it."

:ohnoez:

Yeah but is this movie going to actually show Barbara naked?

The comic, at most, showed Comissioner Gordon's naked butt. All the pictures of Barbara were strategically covered. They maybe said "hell" or "damn" and there wasn't any really graphic violence outside of Joker shooting Barbara. Overall I'd say that is PG-13 territory.

Alan Moore has stated plainly that Batman didn't kill the Joker. It's in the comic -script and he said so in an interview just last year. I liked the mystery element of letting us decide a bit though.

"

QUESTION: For YEARS we have been left to wonder, due to the wonderful ambiguity of the sound effects, shadowplay, and action happening off-scene in The Killing Joke. what the ending really means and if Batman actually kills the Joker. Now they are making a movie. If you are directly involved, will you finally answer the question?

Alan Moore: As with all of the work which I do not own, I’m afraid that I have no interest in either the original book, or in the apparently forthcoming cartoon version which I heard about a week or two ago. I have asked for my name to be removed from it, and for any monies accruing from it to be sent to the artist, which is my standard position with all of this...material. Actually, with The Killing Joke, I have never really liked it much as a work – although I of course remember Brian Bolland’s art as being absolutely beautiful – simply because I thought it was far too violent and sexualised a treatment for a simplistic comic book character like Batman and a regrettable misstep on my part. So, Pradeep, I have no interest in Batman, and thus any influence I may have had upon current portrayals of the character is pretty much lost on me. And David, for the record, my intention at the end of that book was to have the two characters simply experiencing a brief moment of lucidity in their ongoing very weird and probably fatal relationship with each other, reaching a moment where they both perceive the hell that they are in, and can only laugh at their preposterous situation. A similar chuckle is shared by the doomed couple at the end of the remarkable Jim Thompson’s original novel, The Getaway."

Full Interview: https://www.goodreads.com/author/3961.Alan_Moore/questions