• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman The Killing Joke Animated Movie

215 posts in this topic

Mark Hamill Reportedly Voicing The Joker In Batman: The Killing Joke

Mark Hamill will reportedly voice The Joker for Batman: The Killing Joke, the upcoming animated feature film from DC Entertainment.

Hamill will reprise the role of Batman’s arch-nemesis after saying that he had retired the character. As most know, Hamill voiced The Joker through Batman: The Animated Series, the Batman Arkham video games, and other projects. When Warner Bros announced at San Diego Comic Con that they would bring the Joker-centric graphic novel to life, Hamill said that he would come out of retirement to voice the Joker in that film.

:whee:

:whee: :whee:

Kevin Conroy Would Love To Do The Killing Joke With Mark Hamill

"There's an online petition to have us do it!" Conroy boasted when we spoke with him about his upcoming guest appearance on the second season of Netflix's Turbo Fast.

When asked about the realities of it -- whether he would want to go another round with his longtime foe? Conroy was enthusiastic.

"Oh, God! Are you kidding me? I'd do it in a heartbeat," Conroy told ComicBook.com. "I love working with him. I couldn't believe when they killed off The Joker. I would love to do it, and I hope that that happens."

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

"There's an online petition to have us do it!" Conroy boasted when we spoke with him about his upcoming guest appearance on the second season of Netflix's Turbo Fast.

When asked about the realities of it -- whether he would want to go another round with his longtime foe? Conroy was enthusiastic.

"Oh, God! Are you kidding me? I'd do it in a heartbeat," Conroy told ComicBook.com. "I love working with him. I couldn't believe when they killed off The Joker. I would love to do it, and I hope that that happens."

:takeit:

:takeit:

This is going to be fantastic if it happens!

Please let Kevin Conroy voice Batman. Peter Weller was so unemotional and monotone in the Dark Knight Returns.

Which was fine for TDKR…I'd have a hard time hearing Conroy's voice with that look.

What I find compelling is how John Ostrander and Kimberly Yale took the aftermath and knocked it out of the park. That, and how John Ostrander's name consistently pops up in regards to top-shelf writing at DC Comics.

link

"My late wife, Kimberly Yale, and I were not crazy about how Barbara was treated in The Killing Joke," comic writer John Ostrander told Newsarama. "Since the Batman office had no further plans for her at the time, we got permission to use Barbara in Suicide Squad, [another DC title at the time]. We felt that the gunshot as seen in Killing Joke would leave her paralyzed. We felt such an act should have repercussions. So... we took some of her other talents, as with computers, and created what was essentially an Internet superhero — Oracle."

Because Barbara had been established as having a PhD in library science, Ostrander made her a genius at accessing computer information. She adopted the secret code-name "Oracle" as she used her intellect to assist heroes throughout the DCU."

I think I'm going to go back through Mr. Ostrander's full body of DC work and see what I might've missed.

Is Tara Strong voicing 'Harley Quinn' or 'Barbara Gordon' In 'BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE'?

During the Gods and Monsters panel at San Diego Comic-Con 2015, Bruce Timm stated he had begun voice recordings for an unnamed project with iconic voice actress Tara Strong​, who has voiced the character in the Arkham City video games. This news came about before news broke that The Killing Joke was being adapted as an animated film. She also could be voicing Barbara Gordon, who is a big part of the graphic novel. Strong has also voiced Barbara in The New Batman Adventures.

markhamillkevinconroy-165418.jpg

Perhaps, this new photo Conroy tweeted out today reveals that a reunion is in the works. The caption reads, "I finally caught my favorite villain! Bats nabs Joker." The image features Conroy giving his former Batman: The Animated Series co-star a bear hug.

A report back in July stated that Hamill will come out of his Joker retirement to voice Batman’s arch-nemesis in Batman: The Killing Joke, however, WB hasn't made it official yet. As for Conroy, he told ComicBookcom that he "do it in a heartbeat" and "would love to work with" Hamill once more.

:wishluck:

markhamillkevinconroy-165418.jpg

Perhaps, this new photo Conroy tweeted out today reveals that a reunion is in the works. The caption reads, "I finally caught my favorite villain! Bats nabs Joker." The image features Conroy giving his former Batman: The Animated Series co-star a bear hug.

A report back in July stated that Hamill will come out of his Joker retirement to voice Batman’s arch-nemesis in Batman: The Killing Joke, however, WB hasn't made it official yet. As for Conroy, he told ComicBookcom that he "do it in a heartbeat" and "would love to work with" Hamill once more.

Kevin Conroy IS Batman.

Mark Hamill And Kevin Conroy To Return As 'Batman' And 'The Joker' In THE KILLING JOKE; First Image Hits

"I’ve had the great privilege of voicing Batman for more than two decades, and some of my favorite moments in the recording booth have been alongside Mark Hamill," Conroy added. "Mark always enables me to be a better actor. I’m thrilled that we’re both back to bring these characters to life in one of the most heralded Batman/Joker stories of all time."

PpWMXYP.png

:whee: