• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman The Killing Joke Animated Movie

215 posts in this topic

Alan Moore is a dink. I can't stand him.

Dual income, no kids... that's a little harsh on the man's lifestyle choice!

Moore did great work when he was with DC, but he is a weirdo. Saying he's become a wizard now instead of a writer. I think he's had one too many drinks.

Alan Moore is a dink. I can't stand him.

Dual income, no kids... that's a little harsh on the man's lifestyle choice!

Moore did great work when he was with DC, but he is a weirdo. Saying he's become a wizard now instead of a writer. I think he's had one too many drinks.

Alan-Moore.jpg

Batman: The Killing Joke Animated Movie Will Add Some New Elements To Story

To fill out the length of an animated feature film, the producers of Batman: The Killing Joke have added new content to the movie, which may alleviate some of the concerns critics of the best-selling comic have had about the film.

As revealed on the special features on the Justice League vs. Teen Titans Blu-ray, just released, The Killing Joke will include more or Barbara Gordon's time as Batgirl than did Alan Moore and Brian Bolland's graphic novel.

HitFix's Donna Dickens, who has been one of the film's most vocal critics, got a few extra details, suggesting that the extra screen time may be able to help offset one of the longest-running problems with The Killing Joke: the fact that Barbara Gordon being shot and sexually assaulted uses a beloved female character as little more than a prop to support the male characters in her life.

"The one big difference about it, as opposed to those other projects (The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 & Part 2), is The Killing Joke... the source material is really not long enough to make an entire feature film out of," executive producer Bruce Timm said back in January. "So we actually had to add a lot more story to it. Which is tricky. But I think we came up with a really good solution on how that worked."

And there is your R-rating reference that in a movie compared to a comic book they may need to build out for those not familiar with The Killing Joke.

Amazon is already accepting pre-orders on either the Blu-Ray or DVD.

Batman: The Killing Joke orders

I noticed with the 16 reviews posted, 3 already gave it 1-2 stars.

- 1/5: NO ONE KNOWS IF THIS IS GOOD!

- 1/5: Balance - Simply for the fact a few decided to give it a perfect score before they even saw the damn movie yet

- 2/5: I hope they've changed the ending..

5/7

Amazon is already accepting pre-orders on either the Blu-Ray or DVD.

Batman: The Killing Joke orders

I noticed with the 16 reviews posted, 3 already gave it 1-2 stars.

- 1/5: NO ONE KNOWS IF THIS IS GOOD!

- 1/5: Balance - Simply for the fact a few decided to give it a perfect score before they even saw the damn movie yet

- 2/5: I hope they've changed the ending..

5/7

Reviewing a movie without having seen it... Interesting hm

The REAL 1st trailer.

:ohnoez::whee::ohnoez:

Just one bad day from being me.....

Sounds familiar. hm

It was used in Daredevil as a nod to Frank Miller.

The line was used in The Killing Joke first, I believe.

ydpdD5r.jpg

My only quibble from watching the trailer again is that I'm not quite sure I hear the menace in Conroy's voice. He always sounded like he had that snarl which added the perfect edge to his convincing rendition of Bats (and made such a nice foil for his version of Bruce), this just kind of sounds like he's narrating the comic without fully being in character.

My only quibble from watching the trailer again is that I'm not quite sure I hear the menace in Conroy's voice. He always sounded like he had that snarl which added the perfect edge to his convincing rendition of Bats (and made such a nice foil for his version of Bruce), this just kind of sounds like he's narrating the comic without fully being in character.

hm

I see your point. But maybe because the voiceover is when Batman is talking to the Joker in prison, and not during any heated fight?

:wishluck:

Release date and box artwork.

BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE Official Box Art Released

AiEJtJo.jpg

Now we have an exact release date courtesy of Amazon. The Blu-ray and DVD are already up for pre-order, and will release on August 2nd. The much-anticipated retelling did manage to secure an R-rating, which fits its more adult storyline.

‘Batman: The Killing Joke’ special features revealed

Warner Bros. tells EW the deluxe edition and combo pack Blu-ray of Batman: The Killing Joke will be released on Aug. 2, though digital retailers will begin selling the digital HD version of the film on July 23.

In addition to two 22-minute episodes from The New Batman Adventures and Batman: The Animated Series, the deluxe edition and combo pack versions will include two featurettes:

• Madness Set to Music, a documentary which chronicles the creation of the film’s storyboards and original score
  • Many Shades of the Joker: The Tale of the Killing Joke, a making-of short that explores the distinct style of the graphic novel.

Fans who purchase the combo pack Blu-ray edition will also receive a limited edition figurine of the Joker.

Batman: The Killing Joke (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD UltraViolet Combo Pack)

In addition to two 22-minute episodes from The New Batman Adventures and Batman: The Animated Series, the deluxe edition and combo pack versions will include two featurettes:

:o

:ohnoez::whee:

edit: oh, wait. I read that as "two new" 22-minute episodes. :( Never mind. :sorry:

:o

:ohnoez::whee:

edit: oh, wait. I read that as "two new" 22-minute episodes. :( Never mind. :sorry:

:foryou:

I thought the same thing at first.

:(