• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Heritage site is live!

33 posts in this topic

The new site is live, and we hope it is an improvement to your collecting experience. While we believe it is an improvement overall, it is specifically designed to be fully responsive with smaller devices such as tablets and phones.

We welcome your feedback to help us improve: Feedback link

The one major change I'd love to see is Heritage using our cookies to customize our experience. I don't collect Sports Memorabilia, Luxury Real Estate, or Vintage Wine. When I log in I wish it would have the upcoming Comics auctions featured rather than having to find them. 2c

The one major change I'd love to see is Heritage using our cookies to customize our experience. I don't collect Sports Memorabilia, Luxury Real Estate, or Vintage Wine. When I log in I wish it would have the upcoming Comics auctions featured rather than having to find them. 2c

+1

thunsicker, We do a little of what you suggest now, not with the listing of auctions, but with the other material you see on the home page.

If you are interested in only seeing comic auctions, I recommend you bookmark the comic side directly: comics.ha.com.

Thank you for your feedback!

It looks great but the only thing: Right off the bat I just think only the imagery is off - it looks very plain on the sides (LOTS of white space on larger monitors on the site - it should be broken up with a very subtle pattern/color so you don't get such a blinding and stark white area that is very visually jarring on widescreen). See below for how it looks on my screen (I do not have my browser windows at 100%, so even resized down you can see all that white space). You seem to have developed the site to max out the width at 960px, it might be beneficial to increase it since you are already making the site responsive (maybe go to a max 1366px layout. Slight increase but does make a difference and that resolution+ usage is increasing dramatically)

U5852nc.jpg

The similar items should be moved to below the Guides & Info. It is not relevant to the product information (I know you want to give more focus on other auctions you are running but that isn't the place for it - I know it catches the eye when I try to view more info for the auction, but i only look at it because i think it is more images for this auction - at which point i'm just annoyed that it feels i'm being advertised to when i'm trying to decide to make a high cost purchase).

iPbIBja.jpg

In fact, having some of the auction images in this area would be better - it is all white and text, informative but bland, and by including some other imagery you help potential bidders keep their 'eye on the prize', reinforce how good the auction looks - they more a potential bidder sees the product the more it is reinforced that it is a) obtainable "you can own THIS!!!" b) something real and important.

In the case for comics why not have a nice cropped shot of the CGC label! This might just be my preference though. Yes you often copy/paste this info into the description but many (i know it is very important to me) might like to see a clear shot of it and that will help sell many universal grade products (reinforces that this is a great condition item, or it's pedigree etc...). This is info that sells the comic and you don't want it to get lost in a text only description (not everyone will immediately go and view a high-res image of the front cover, so you want to catch their attention with the label as they scroll down).

zDDcvQe.jpg

Right now the only auction imagery at the top seems very boxed in and does not really showcase the item. This might be fine on ebay but when dealing with a higher class of product you want it to stand out.

The new site is live, and we hope it is an improvement to your collecting experience. While we believe it is an improvement overall, it is specifically designed to be fully responsive with smaller devices such as tablets and phones.

I dig it !!!!

I like the old look better, also I didn't have to click on as many things to sort things the way I liked it. :sorry:

+1

I will say that nobody in the hobby seems to spend as much on advertising and infrastructure as Heritage does. They have a world class organization.

I’m not digging it. It’s harder to read and I’m looking at it on a large desktop monitor. I imagine over time I’ll get used to it though.

Like so many web site changes, no change in functionality, just a different look, that will take time for users to get used to.

I don't get the point of it, except change for change's sake. And employment for web designers.

I’m not digging it. It’s harder to read and I’m looking at it on a large desktop monitor. I imagine over time I’ll get used to it though.

Like so many web site changes, no change in functionality, just a different look, that will take time for users to get used to.

I don't get the point of it, except change for change's sake. And employment for web designers.

I think the main upgrade was the responsive functionality - which is a BIG thing but often unseen if you only ever visit the site one specific way all the time. Very important to be done and there is no excuse not to have it.

Was checking it out. I kind of like it. Not sure it does anything for me that old version didn't do, but it does seem sleeker and more modern. hm

But just wait until I have difficulty finding something! :sumo:

I think the main upgrade was the responsive functionality - which is a BIG thing but often unseen if you only ever visit the site one specific way all the time. Very important to be done and there is no excuse not to have it.

I have no idea what this means.

The site works exactly the same for me as before, only looks different. (shrug)

I think it means that it works equally fast for all connections.

There have been complaints in the past of people getting frozen out, lag time, etc.

If you're running an auction house you want to make sure every bid gets in.

I think it means that it works equally fast for all connections.

There have been complaints in the past of people getting frozen out, lag time, etc.

If you're running an auction house you want to make sure every bid gets in.

That is incorrect. While a sites code should be optimized (code files minimized, etc...) to best serve up its content quickly and with as few http requests as possible the main issue they had with any frozen or lag time would more have to do with the server the site is hosted on.

As for a site being responsive I am referring to a site that can adjust the size and form to best fit any size window and device; The same site might look the same to you on a desktop but now if you open it up on a tablet or a phone the site structure and content correctly re-sizes and collapses to best fit the screen as well as adjusting all fonts and images for best usability (whereas before since the site was a 'fixed' size the device would simply take the entire site and scale it down to fit the screen - often resulting in suuuupper small unreadable text OR just not display correctly at all and make browsing it impossible).

This is very important as of 2014 over 60% of all Internet access is done via mobile devices - a number which is rising - and the implications of having your site accessible to ALL devices and potential customers can make or break the success of a business (including any of those disabled - which sites have to cater to as well but I wont get into here since i'm not sure how much of those requirements HA has implemented)