• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YOU VERSUS CGC - Part I: Exciting Comics #57

25 posts in this topic

Ok, I'm not sure if this is ok to do here, but it seems like the right place. Mods: please move if there is a more appropriate section...

I've noticed that a lot of folks have had guesses wildly different from CGC results and decided to start a series of posts to help close the gap. At any rate, it should be fun to see how close you are.

My collection is primarily golden age, so that is what I'll be posting by-an-large, although I have (had) a handful of Silver keys that I'll post for fun.

All of the books I post here are former-CGC books (because that's the way I like'em) and I will provide high resolution scans of the raw book and, after at least 10 guesses, I will post the label. Grades vary from low to high.

Links to earlier parts:

Part I: Exciting Comics #57

Part II: Ka'anga #11

Part III: Strange Mysteries #1

Part IV: Planet comics #62

Up first:

Exciting Comics #57

The real grade is......(no changing your guesses!)

Better%20-%20Exciting%20Comics%20057%203_zpsvr7gbgjs.jpg

Better%20-%20Exciting%20Comics%20057%201_zpssl6dngz4.jpg

Better%20-%20Exciting%20Comics%20057%202_zpsasxly5lv.jpg

Schomburg :cloud9: I'll give it the GA bump and say 7.0 lol I gave it too much of a GA bump :facepalm: front cover had me under it's spell :applause: