• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Art Con September 20 Secaucus, NJ

46 posts in this topic

Just a friendly reminder that the next Comic Art Con is just two months away. Time flies and before you know it the summer will be over and the show will be here!

When: Sunday, September 20

Where: Clarion Hotel Empire Meadowland Hotel

[formally the Crown Plaza Meadowlands and the same location as always]

2 Harmon Plaza

Secaucus, NJ 07094

Time: 10:00 - 4:30

Guest: TBA

Admission: $10

Parking: Free

Enjoy the nice weather and we hope to see you at the con!

Dan & Joe

As the show gets closer we will post definitively where we are at parking wise. The hotel does have other on site parking but is is not that much so if those spaces are unavailable and the structure is not complete then, like last time, we have access to the hotel's off-site lot 1/2 mile down the road for which the hotel provides free and continuous shuttle service. We used it ourselves last time and although a mild inconvenience it ran smoothly.

ugh, I hope work takes me back to the NYC area around the time of the show. Finally made it to the show the last time and it was a lot of fun seeing nothing but OA (my wife's POV on being dragged there was probably quite a bit different, hahaha).

Now that I'm back in Miami, I'm hoping some original art guys make the trek down here for local shows!

The next Comic Art Con is just one month away and will be held on Sunday, September 20, at the Clarion Empire Meadowlands Hotel in Secaucus, NJ. Admission is only $10 and bring your children for free! Show hours are 10:00 - 4:30 so be sure to arrive early and plan on spending the day.

Now in it's 7th year, Comic Art Con has gone BIG as it has moved across the hall from it's usual 2400 square foot room into the hotel's massive 5000 square foot main ballroom. As usual, the sold out room will have 45 tables jammed packed with original comic book art from the biggest names in the hobby!

Returning Vendors: Anthony Snyder, Bechara Maalouf, Will Gabri-EL, Frank Giella, Hans Kosenkranius, Jim Warden, Rich Donnelly, Albert Moy, Brad the Savage, Scott Eder, Mike Burkey, Dan Jerome, Zaddick Longenbach

Auction Houses: ComicLink, ComicConnect, Heritage

1st timers: Joe Koch, Tedd Kessler, Gene Park, Hake's Americana

Guest Artist: TBA

If you did not attend the March show click the link to view what you missed! http://cafurl.com?i=21907

See you at the con!

Dan & Joe

Comic Art Con is happy to announce that artist Rodney Ramos will be their guest artist for their September 20 event. Rodney Ramos has been a professional penciler / inker in the comic book industry for over 15 years. He started his career as an assistant to Mark Texeira . He then when on to Marvel Comics working in production doing art corrections as one of John Romita’s Raiders . He started penciling on such titles as Thundercats, Marvel Presents, What If , Conan and Toxic Avenger . He also started inking on a wide variety of books such as Gen-X, Ironman , Gambit, Punisher War Journal, Spider-man and Peter Parker the Amazing Spider-man. He when on to Valiant to work with Jim shooter to pencil Legend of Zelda and inking titles Armorines, Bloodshot , X-O Man Of War .While he was over in England he starting working for Marvel Comics UK on Black Axe, Super Soldiers, Death,s Head . He has worked at Marvel .Marvel Comics U.K, DC Comics, Valiant, Acclaim comics, Malibu and Continuity Comics with Neal Adams. His inks have graced many titles such as Spider-man, X-men, Iron-man, Peter Parker, Batman, Wonder Woman and the critically acclaimed Transmetropolitan with Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson. Recently he has worked for DC Comics on 52, Countdown, Green Lantern, Batman, JSA, Magog, Vertigo,s Bang Tango and many more titles. For more information on commissions and sketches contact: evaink@aol.com

The next Comic Art Con is just two weeks away and will be held on Sunday, September 20, at the Clarion Empire Meadowlands Hotel in Secaucus, NJ. Admission is only $10 and bring your children for free! Show hours are 10:00 - 4:30 so be sure to arrive early and plan on spending the day. For more information please go to comicartshowcase.com or email us directly at dgallo1291@aol.com

The next Comic Art Con is just one week away and will be held on Sunday, September 20, at the Clarion Empire Meadowlands Hotel in Secaucus, NJ. Admission is only $10 and bring your children for free! The 5000 square foot ballroom is sold out and it will have 45 tables jammed packed with original comic book art, (and only art... no comic books here!), from the best crop of vendors under one roof! Show hours are 10:00 - 4:30 so be sure to arrive early and plan on spending the day !

Returning Vendors: Anthony Snyder, Bechara Maalouf, Will Gabri-EL, Frank Giella, Hans Kosenkranius, Jim Warden, Rich Donnelly, Albert Moy, Brad the Savage, Scott Eder, Mike Burkey, Dan Jerome, Zaddick Longenbach

Auction Houses: ComicLink, ComicConnect, Heritage

1st timers: Joe Koch, Tedd Kessler, Gene Park, Hake's Americana

Guest Artist: Rodney Ramos

Parking: We have been informed by the hotel that the repairs to the parking structure will not be fully completed until the end of the year, (it collapsed in February). Currently it has limited use and when asked if any of the space are available for hotel guests they couldn't answer, (apparently they have no idea if their guests currently use the structure at all!). We know that last time some attendees parked in non hotel spaces and although we didn't hear of any problems, (maybe being a Sunday no one was around to complain), we still don't recommend that. As before we have two options:

1. Use the designated hotel spaces by the Exhibition Center and in the back of the lot. There are not many and we recommend you arrive early to secure these spaces.

2. The hotel has an off site parking area about a mile away and will provide free shuttle service from Atlantic Taxi between the lot and the hotel all day. There should never be more than a 10 minute wait and we are told that we will have multiple vans at out disposal. They will just keep circling all day. The address of the lot is 1000 Secaucus Road and to get there you would:

* exit the hotel and make a right onto Meadowlands Parkway

* proceed 3/4 of a mile and make a left at the second traffic light onto American Way

* make a right onto Hartz Way

* and when you get to the stop sign go straight and the lot will be on your right hand side

The number to Atlantic Taxi is 201-970-7471 in case you want to call them directly. In summation, obviously, the situation is not optimal but we both used the shuttle service last time and it ran well. Please allow extra time in case you have to use the lot.

We have heard many collectors who have yet to attend say, "next time..." Well, "next time" is now! For more information please go to comicartshowcase.com or email us directly at dgallo1291@aol.com and If you did not attend the March show click the link to view what you missed! http://cafurl.com?i=21907

See you at the con!

Dan & Joe

:gossip: NJ Transit bus # 129 from the Port Authority bus terminal in NY leaves gate 314 for the Meadowlands. While I have yet to take the ride, my understanding is the bus stop should be a few blocks from the hotel. Round trip is about $7 and should take 20 -30 minutes depending on traffic.

I am not sure if I can make the show.

Cheers!

N.

Coming down from Toronto, any good spots to stay, everything seems booked maybe cause of the giants. Is Hoboken worth a shot????

Probably not. I live in Hoboken. Only hotel here is the W which costs a fortune. Have a car? There's a La Quinta in Secaucus for 139 a night http://www.lq.com/content/lq/lq-com/en/navigation/findandbook/dynamic-pages/hotel-details.6559.address.html and one in Paramus for 99 a night http://www.lq.com/content/lq/lq-com/en/navigation/findandbook/dynamic-pages/hotel-details.0843.address.html

Hoboken is a ton of fun to hang out in though.