• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Art Con September 20 Secaucus, NJ

46 posts in this topic

I took pics of my entire 3 booths for the con.....I'm not quite sure how to add them here as its not working....so here are links from the 5 pictures I put on my facebook page!

hopefully the link works! :)

By the way.....I had a GREAT SHOW Sunday selling art... and I had a fantastic show last march selling art.....I actually wish this Comic-art Con show was 2 days and CLOSER to New York Comic-Con and I'd stop setting up at the New York Comic con as that place is a nightmare to set up and sell art at....

What kind of convention charges over 5000 dollars for a few booths and doesn't even give their vendors any tables or chairs? that is absolutely positively RIDICULOUS!!!

The Javitz show I set up at to see friends and people who don't normally attend San Diego Con.... But..... I for one would love to just do Dan and Joe's show..... and I wish it was the same damn weekend as New York comic con if I had my way! (which I don't..lol)

Awesome, thanks for sharing those pics. You certainly have a great setup. (thumbs u

Someday I'd love to get to one of these shows, but for me it is quite a travel distance for just a one day show. It would be great if it was a traveling show that could setup at different parts of the country at times. I realize that would probably be difficult, just wishful thinking on my part. We here in the Midwest have some nice Comic Shows, but very few art dealers seem to setup here. :(

Good point about making it a 2 day etc show Mike. I mentioned the same things a while ago and I can't remember what their reason was…but the answer was "no".

A 2 day show I think would encourage a lot more out of town visitors (like me lol)

A one day show becomes too much expense-wise when you're looking at an 8-9 hour one way drive + gas + hotel + food AND 70 cents on the dollar lol. If was a 2 day show, I'd likely bite the bullet and come. 2c

I took pics of my entire 3 booths for the con.....I'm not quite sure how to add them here as its not working....so here are links from the 5 pictures I put on my facebook page!

hopefully the link works! :)

By the way.....I had a GREAT SHOW Sunday selling art... and I had a fantastic show last march selling art.....I actually wish this Comic-art Con show was 2 days and CLOSER to New York Comic-Con and I'd stop setting up at the New York Comic con as that place is a nightmare to set up and sell art at....

What kind of convention charges over 5000 dollars for a few booths and doesn't even give their vendors any tables or chairs? that is absolutely positively RIDICULOUS!!!

The Javitz show I set up at to see friends and people who don't normally attend San Diego Con.... But..... I for one would love to just do Dan and Joe's show..... and I wish it was the same damn weekend as New York comic con if I had my way! (which I don't..lol)

Well at least you're not in the fine art market where art fair booths are tens of thousands for the good fairs.....they don't give you furniture either.