• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Probably a scam, but...

40 posts in this topic

I'm new to CGC etc... so bare with me. My question is this. If this guy claims to have gotten his books slabbed cant you ask him his name and call CGC to check the serial number and see who slabbed them?

If you have the serial numbers, you can call CGC and get some information about the books (Jordanscott mentioned above that he emailed the seller, asking for the #s). I don't believe CGC will give out any info as to the identity of the person who submitted them. (I think it would cause quite a controversy if they did release names).

Besides the person who submited them might not own them anymore or was submitted through a third party

I'm new to CGC etc... so bare with me. My question is this. If this guy claims to have gotten his books slabbed cant you ask him his name and call CGC to check the serial number and see who slabbed them?

If you have the serial numbers, you can call CGC and get some information about the books (Jordanscott mentioned above that he emailed the seller, asking for the #s). I don't believe CGC will give out any info as to the identity of the person who submitted them. (I think it would cause quite a controversy if they did release names).

It is still worth calling CGC at times to at least verify the books ever existed. I've had these scammers provide me with fake CGC numbers. Such (and this can refer to both the scammers and those who actually bid on the books thinking they exist).

Get this,

He emailed me telling me that he took them out of the slabs because taking the picture was creating a glare.

The picture he sent me was of the ASM #8 CGC 9.0 Curator Copy.

Now, who in their right mind would freaking take them out to take a picture?

Dear Clive,

As I stated in the description I don't know a lot about comic books. I

didn't know a lot of the stuff I know now. I am just trying to get rid of

some old comics that have been lying around in boxes for the past few years.

I'm not trying to pull anything here. I've been very busy answering other

people's emails along with going to work but I found time to show you my

"proof." If the picture isn't high enough quality than that tough because my

camera is [#@$%!!!]. I'm not trying to cause any trouble and I'm sorry If I did

anything wrong because if I did it wasn't intentional. I took the hard

protective case initially because I didn't think they matter and because the

glare from the light would create a big white spot in the middle. Hope this

is what you're after.

(>^-^)> Thank You For Your Time <(^-^<)

(>*-*)> Have A Nice Day<(*-*<)

(>'-')> Aznbro88 <('-'<)

Spiderman8.jpg

I don't really know a whole lot about Curator copies, but aren't they certainly worth more than just a normal copy. Lets all report him so this ends, I would hate to see them go to the end.

Its funny, in the same email I asked for a scan of the serial #, to no avail.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-keywords.html

I took the hard

glare from the light would create a big white spot in the middle.

Spiderman8.jpg

Where's "the big white spot" in that picture?

I took the hard

glare from the light would create a big white spot in the middle.

Spiderman8.jpg

Where's "the big white spot" in that picture?

It must be on the back. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've been out a couple of days but I just landed on this interesting topic. I completely agree with Rob. This frikken' sex maniac is a scum bucket and a liar. Clearly these are stolen scans. I hope nobudy will be frikken' bone headed enough to bid on this son of a [#@$%!!!] auctions -unless of course he is purposely tryin' to win one and leave a nice big sweet fat negative. I'm outa' here!

I've been out a couple of days but I just landed on this interesting topic. I completely agree with Rob. This frikken' sex maniac is a scum bucket and a liar. Clearly these are stolen scans. I hope nobudy will be frikken' bone headed enough to bid on this son of a [#@$%!!!] auctions -unless of course he is purposely tryin' to win one and leave a nice big sweet fat negative. I'm outa' here!

What does being a sex maniac have to do with comics, is that an insult or compliment? confused-smiley-013.gif