• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice for slabbing a Golden age key

14 posts in this topic

I originally posted this in Comics General, someone suggested I should post it here.

I'm turning to the experts for advice...

I have a coverless copy of a Golden age key that I'm thinking of getting slabbed. The book is in the top 10 of Golden age books for 2015 according to Overstreet. I'm looking for advice on what I should do if I slab the interior of the book.

It is missing the front and back cover, 1st and last 2 pages, has 3 loose pages with one torn up in a few pieces, and the centerfold is detached.

I'm already planning on getting the single pages slabbed because those alone have value. As of right now I'm not going to sell it.

My questions are:

Should I slab the interior of the book with the detached centerfold or slab the centerfold by itself and the interior of the book separate?

What options do I have with a loose page that is torn in 3 pieces?

Thanks for all the help guys! (thumbs u

The pages on that book would sell great. Dont think you would have to slab since you can scan everything and we can see. That will save you a lot.

Repo cover than slab would work great .

I would not disassble a near complete book. If i were to slab it i would do it as a whole book.

Bat 1 is almost never missing a centerfold. At one point pages and wraps were going for 800-1000 each but they have come way down on this book.

I have seen pages barely get 300 recently and you are missing the first wrap which is the most expensive page.

If your not going to sell it, then parting it out really makes no sense to me.

James G