• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIZARD STOCK IN FREE FALL
1 1

375 posts in this topic

Just now, mattn792 said:

Once we establish a Board of Directors, I think that motion will carry unanimous "yea's".

Crud - we can't even decide on how many likes we should be allotted there is no way we can all run a company.  But really could we do it any worse then the last guys?

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Crud - we can't even decide on how many likes we should be allotted there is no way we can all run a company.  But really could we do it any worse then the last guys?

What, you don't think Wizard World Springfield, MO was a good idea???

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:51 PM, mattn792 said:

What, you don't think Wizard World Springfield, MO was a good idea???

Apparently Wizard didn't think it was a good idea for 2017 either.  I got bored and started poking around the interweb, and they rescheduled Springfield plus four other cities (Biloxi, Montgomery, Winston-Salem, and Peoria) that also make little sense from 2017 to late 2018.  And according to Wizard's site, even now none of those cities have firm dates booked.

I'm not trying to pick on Springfield, in fact I'd like to get back there in the near future to spend several hours at the warehouse that is Missouri Comics & Records.  Shout out to Big Whiskey's too.  Anyway, when a "major" company like Wizard chooses a city whose biggest attractions are the Bass Pro Shop and the Cardinals' AA affiliate to host a convention, and can't even book a firm date at that, said company is desperately cost cutting and hoping for commuter traffic (also a desperate gamble since the major cities are multiple hours drive away), or just plain giving up. 

41 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Wizard 2018-2019 schedule

Looks like Wizard abandoned all those small cities AGAIN (though I think their record for three cancellations in a row in Albuquerque is still intact). Down to 13 shows next year, assuming they go back to the cities remaining in 2018 for another go-round.

$0.18/share at close of market today.

48 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Wizard 2018-2019 schedule

Looks like Wizard abandoned all those small cities AGAIN (though I think their record for three cancellations in a row in Albuquerque is still intact). Down to 13 shows next year, assuming they go back to the cities remaining in 2018 for another go-round.

I just looked at the website.  They used to post lists of guests for given shows.  Do they not post lists any more, or do they just not have guests anymore?  Or are they just woefully incompetent (they actually pay to have guests come, but aren't actually advertising them)?

because the pricing is actually cheap enough that I'd consider going now...

57 minutes ago, revat said:

I just looked at the website.  They used to post lists of guests for given shows.  Do they not post lists any more, or do they just not have guests anymore?  Or are they just woefully incompetent (they actually pay to have guests come, but aren't actually advertising them)?

because the pricing is actually cheap enough that I'd consider going now...

I think the answer to all questions about Wizard is the latter: sheer incompetence. Too many of their decisions in the past several years point in that direction to come to any other conclusion. 

1 hour ago, JollyComics said:

First one was .51 then second one has the lowest of all the time until the highest point was 1.15 but ever since it has gone down.

I looked at their numbers that are not very impressive. I don't think it will attract investors at all.

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 2.23.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 2.24.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 2.24.41 PM.png

well at some point it just becomes a 'worthwhile' gamble as a penny stock for people who don't mind playing with a couple hundred dollars or couple thousand here and there.  More for a 'fun' purpose than anything else.  The same way you might throw down a 4 team parlay on NFL weekends.  Its not gonna go in anyone's real portfolio's, but there could be some drunken boardies who buy a few shares on a Friday night.

19 minutes ago, revat said:

well at some point it just becomes a 'worthwhile' gamble as a penny stock for people who don't mind playing with a couple hundred dollars or couple thousand here and there.  More for a 'fun' purpose than anything else.  The same way you might throw down a 4 team parlay on NFL weekends.  Its not gonna go in anyone's real portfolio's, but there could be some drunken boardies who buy a few shares on a Friday night.

It has 68.54 million shares. Who are drunken boardies here? ;)

2 minutes ago, JollyComics said:
11 minutes ago, revat said:

I wouldn't--- I mean THEY wouldn't admit to owning it.  THEY might feel embarrassed about it. 

13 minutes ago, revat said:

I wouldn't--- I mean THEY wouldn't admit to owning it.  THEY might feel embarrassed about it. 

Ahh, me either.  I am NEVER impressed with Wizard World atmosphere/service but I missed pre-Wizard World Chicago Con days (before WW took it over in 2009). You know what?  They couldn't afford the interpreters for the deaf customers (about $40 a hour - most interpreters' 2 hours maximum) and they spent million dollars on celebrities' demands and advertising per show.

32 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

I’d be mildly surprised if Paul Kessler didnt already own 60 million of them.

(WSJ says his firm has 48.6, 71% of the total shares outstanding)

Edited by mattn792
Go WSJ!