• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIZARD STOCK IN FREE FALL
1 1

375 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Transplant said:

You guys know that this place has PMs, right?  All the random frivolity of shooting the s**t with friends and none of the public frustration of 3 pages of wasted space.

We do that all especially for you - enjoy!  :foryou:

14 hours ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

I just came across this thread, what are folks opinions on picking up some of wizards stocks as an investment?

Run run run run run run run.  Just looking at the stock's 5 year price chart tells you all you need to know -- lost nearly 66% of it's value in that time, even during this current bull market. 

Bleeding Cool also did an article several months ago about their shady dealings with insiders, such as pre-paying some oddball lease term (like 21 months) of their corporate HQ rent, space which they're renting from the current CEO (I think its the CEO, definitely a member of their board though).  Wizard is clearly positioning itself to reorganize in bankruptcy court, which would wipe out the common stock holders in the process. 

22 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Run run run run run run run.  Just looking at the stock's 5 year price chart tells you all you need to know -- lost nearly 66% of it's value in that time, even during this current bull market. 

Bleeding Cool also did an article several months ago about their shady dealings with insiders, such as pre-paying some oddball lease term (like 21 months) of their corporate HQ rent, space which they're renting from the current CEO (I think its the CEO, definitely a member of their board though).  Wizard is clearly positioning itself to reorganize in bankruptcy court, which would wipe out the common stock holders in the process. 

This

Wizard Returns As A Magazine, With Brian Walton As EIC

Really?

OK, so it's just a quarterly mag with digital daily news.

But still, really? lol

Edited by VintageComics

29 minutes ago, mysterio said:

But they're organizing hotel shows in Alabama too, don't forget that.

I wonder if Brent will be there?

41 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Wizard Returns As A Magazine, With Brian Walton As EIC

Really?

OK, so it's just a quarterly mag with digital daily news.

But still, really? lol

Does quarterly publication still work?

Years ago, the UK's Comics International magazine changed from monthly to quarterly and lasted barely six issues.

Edited by Ken Aldred

6 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Does quarterly publication still work?

Years ago, the UK's Comics International magazine changed from monthly to quarterly and lasted barely six issues.

They will if you can slab them. lol

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

But they're organizing hotel shows in Alabama too, don't forget that.

said no successful comic show organization ever.

I dunno, variants, gimmick covers and the like are all the rage again. Seems like it's Wizard's time to shine!

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

I dunno, variants, gimmick covers and the like are all the rage again. Seems like it's Wizard's time to shine!

You would think so but they were the only game in town back in the 90s.  Now there are dozens of websites set up to give hot book info and speculation lists.  Unless they have a crystal ball that works there is really nothing they can bring to the table at this point.

45 minutes ago, 1Cool said:
48 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

You would think so but they were the only game in town back in the 90s.  Now there are dozens of websites set up to give hot book info and speculation lists.  Unless they have a crystal ball that works there is really nothing they can bring to the table at this point.

They can bring Lou Ferrigno to a table in Biloxi.

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Yup. That's what killed Comics International magazine in the mid-2000s; going to quarterly issues and having nothing but old news that you'd read for free on websites such as CBR a couple of months before.