• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIZARD STOCK IN FREE FALL
1 1

375 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

So they are going to put out a digital magazine and charge people for a service that multiple sites do for free already?

With a paid service means they will be able to buy Insider information hahaha right?

Wizard finally dropped their 2018 schedule and it's weak as hell. They've postponed all the new shows they shoehorned into late 2017, dropped Pittsburgh, Minneapolis, and Sacramento from the looks of it, and lost dates for Austin. And the Chicago dates still suck. 

IMG_7836.PNG

Edited by mysterio

1 hour ago, blazingbob said:

Well looks like Wizard Cleveland is the same weekend as Emerald City.  Scratch one convention off my list.

And the problem with Wizard is that they won't care. They will fill the booth space you would have bought with a local insurance agent or bathroom renovator and be perfectly fine with it. Wizard is clearly not trying to be a destination type of show like Emerald City or Baltimore or any of the big A-level shows. They have decided that putting on small, regional shows in markets that aren't yet sick of the same B and C level guests at every show is the winning strategy. They have apparently thrown in the towel at competing in the big-boy end of the pool. If ever there was a press release that says "we have been doing this for years and still have no idea how to run successful shows" it is this one. Whoever scheduled five small market shows for the last few months of 2017 thinking that they could execute even a competent show ought to be fired. rantrant

Edited by mysterio

Well looks like Wizard Cleveland is the same weekend as Emerald City.  Scratch one convention off my list.

Sure would be nice if Wizard released attendance numbers for each show.  I like the fact that they now offer a $550 10'x5' booth at the Cleveland show but that's still a bunch of cash for a small booth.  It always seems busy at the Cleveland show but I wonder how many people they get thru the door.

34 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Setup and find out.  I would never believe a promoters attendance numbers.  Any of them,  not singling out Wizard on this.

He has. How did you do last year? There were a lot of people there, but not a lot of comics.

Setup and find out.  I would never believe a promoters attendance numbers.  Any of them,  not singling out Wizard on this.

I did ok two years ago but decide to not set up since it was going on over St Patrick's Day weekend (holiday was on Friday) and thought it would effect attendance.  Sounds like it was an ok Con for the two guys I know who set up but I think both of them said the year before was better. 

I was actually surprised to see that Wizard World's stock is up recently (trading at $0.28 today), which seems to be a result of pink sheet speculation resulting from a programming agreement Wizard made with a company in mainland China. 

But just in case you were kinda sorta maybe thinking this was a time to put a few bucks in WIZD -- don't forget that Chairman Paul Kessler owns about 50 million of the 68.5 million outstanding shares.  And Wizard PREPAID another Kessler company $200 grand in rent money for their corporate HQ.  The insider's are going to hammer what few stockholders Wizard still has, it's just a matter of time.

Sony Pictures Teams With Wizard World to Develop Comic-Inspired Projects (Exclusive)

Article in the Hollywood Reporter.

For years, movie executives and producers have scoured comic book conventions in the hopes of discovering an unmoored piece of intellectual property that could become the next big thing.

Sony Pictures Entertainment is now formally making comic conventions a part of the movie development process by teaming with Wizard World, one of the largest producers of pop-culture fan expos.

Sony and Wizard World will work to jointly discover new talent from across Wizard World’s numerous conventions around the country, optioning their work to incubate and develop these stories into various media.

Sony Pictures Consumer Marketing executive vp, brand strategy and global partnerships Jeffrey Godsick, who will oversee the relationship for the studio, said Monday in a statement: “You’re not necessarily sure where the next great IP is going to come from. When you go into an Artists’ Alley or see the booths, you realize there is a lot of good work out there. Wizard World has a credibility in that world and with their help, we will have access and insight that is rare.”

14 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Sony Pictures Teams With Wizard World to Develop Comic-Inspired Projects (Exclusive)

Article in the Hollywood Reporter.

For years, movie executives and producers have scoured comic book conventions in the hopes of discovering an unmoored piece of intellectual property that could become the next big thing.

Sony Pictures Entertainment is now formally making comic conventions a part of the movie development process by teaming with Wizard World, one of the largest producers of pop-culture fan expos.

Sony and Wizard World will work to jointly discover new talent from across Wizard World’s numerous conventions around the country, optioning their work to incubate and develop these stories into various media.

Sony Pictures Consumer Marketing executive vp, brand strategy and global partnerships Jeffrey Godsick, who will oversee the relationship for the studio, said Monday in a statement: “You’re not necessarily sure where the next great IP is going to come from. When you go into an Artists’ Alley or see the booths, you realize there is a lot of good work out there. Wizard World has a credibility in that world and with their help, we will have access and insight that is rare.”

Interesting, but couldn't two guys from Sony just buy a three day and cruise artist alley without telling anyone from Wizard?  Doesn't seem like Wizard adds much value in this relationship.

BTW -- WIZD currently trading @ $0.22, down 8ish%

54 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Interesting, but couldn't two guys from Sony just buy a three day and cruise artist alley without telling anyone from Wizard?  Doesn't seem like Wizard adds much value in this relationship.

BTW -- WIZD currently trading @ $0.22, down 8ish%

Year high was $0.52 and low was $0.09.  68 million shares outstanding so you can buy a controlling share for about 7.5 million.  Sounds like a deal!

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

Year high was $0.52 and low was $0.09.  68 million shares outstanding so you can buy a controlling share for about 7.5 million.  Sounds like a deal!

This sounds like the next Comics General topic -- "Let's pool our cash and buy Wizard World!"

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

This sounds like the next Comics General topic -- "Let's pool our cash and buy Wizard World!"

Only if we can rename the company Greggy's World.