• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YOU VERSUS CGC - Part III: Strange Mysteries #1

17 posts in this topic

PART III:

Folks seem to like the game, so let's continue....Here is my original disclaimer for new players:

" I've noticed that a lot of folks have had guesses wildly different from CGC results and decided to start a series of posts to help close the gap. At any rate, it should be fun to see how close you are.

Disclaimer: My collection is primarily golden age, so that is what I'll be posting by-and-large, although I have (had) a handful of Silver keys that I'll post for fun.

All of the books I post here are former-CGC books (because that's the way I like'em) and I will provide high resolution scans of the raw book and, after at least 10 15 guesses, I will post the label. Grades vary from low to high. "

Links to earlier parts:

Part I: Exciting Comics #57

Part II: Ka'anga #11

Part III: Strange Mysteries #1

Part IV: Planet comics #62

The real grade is......(no changing your guesses!)

Superior%20-%20Strange%20Mysteries%20001%203_zpsojypu1hh.jpg

And Now: Strange Mysteries #1

Superior%20-%20Strange%20Mysteries%20001%201_zpslzjojezr.jpg

Superior%20-%20Strange%20Mysteries%20001%202_zpsa0wa3xrx.jpg

Love these books since I never know how to grade a great looking front with pretty much all the defects on back. I'm going 6.0.