• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

London Super Comic Convention, 20th & 21st February 2016

274 posts in this topic

Hotel and flight booked. This will be an awesome trip even if I will be jet lagged and hungover for the majority of the weekend!

The biggest challenge appears to be navigating the train/tube system from Heathrow. I planned to take the express into Paddington. Take the tube and connect to the DLR or take a taxi?

One more question: Do the dealers price in USD or Pounds?

Cheers,

John

Hotel and flight booked. This will be an awesome trip even if I will be jet lagged and hungover for the majority of the weekend!

The biggest challenge appears to be navigating the train/tube system from Heathrow. I planned to take the express into Paddington. Take the tube and connect to the DLR or take a taxi?

Cheers,

John

If you are staying at least a week in London, get an one week Oyster card.

If you are a good map reader and experienced public transit rider, you can take the tube from Heathrow to the ExCeL Center. Heathrow is located in Zone 6 southwest and ExCeL in the far east portion of Zone 2. I have visited the UK on 14 separate occasions and enjoyed every trip. Take the Picadilly Line from Heathrow, Transfer to the District Line with many overlapping tube stations. Get off at Tower Gateway tube station and transfer to the Dockland Light Railway.

Everything is priced in GBP (Great Britain Pounds).

Have a great time.

tube-map.gif

Cheers,

John

A bit pricey, but highly recommended:

www.uklimoservices.com

Heathrow to Excel one-way was GBP 120 last year for an S-Class Benz, 100 for an E-Class.

If you're taking the Tube from heathrow I would recommend taking the Piccadilly line to Green Park and then change onto the Jubilee line to Canning, when it will be 3 stops on the DLR to Prince Regent (the closest station to the con).

Being a tightwad, I would also recommend an Oyster Card, and Gary's suggested route is a good one, which I've used before.

If you can manage the tube and all the stops go with Gary's route (thumbs u Depending on how long you'll be in London, consider where you'll be staying and how much luggage and make your choice from there.

You'll get a seat easily at Heathrow on the tube but not neccesarily on the way to Heathrow.

I'm three stops from Paddington, and always use the Heathrow Express to and from, it really is quick! So my route is the Bakerloo line to Baker St, switch to the Jubilee Line to Canning Town onto the DLR. I find it pretty quick and the way I've gone to the past LSCC's.

Only a month away! :whee:

Booths booked!! Flights booked!! Hotels Booked!! Cannot wait to get back to this awesome show!!

We will have our usual supplies booth again!!

Also, same booth last year with Comics!! 40 Long boxes at 2 LBS a piece!!

February can't come soon enough!! Im getting antsy!!

Jeff

You be joining us all again for food & drink on the Saturday night, Jeff? :wishluck:

Most likely, but don't want to commit just yet.

Booths booked!! Flights booked!! Hotels Booked!! Cannot wait to get back to this awesome show!!

Jeff

Awesome! .. I'll be coming by your booth again, Jeff. I've got a lot of "weird size" Foreign comics that I'm going to need protection for :)

(thumbs u

Jeff

Awesome! .. I'll be coming by your booth again, Jeff. I've got a lot of "weird size" Foreign comics that I'm going to need protection for :)

(thumbs u

I've been speaking to Charles on PM, and he thinks Top Loaders will be the size I'm looking for, but he wasn't sure if you'll have them at the Con. Any idea, yes or no; Jeff? (shrug)

List of comic creator guests announced to date in alphabetical order:

David Aja

Heather Antos

Mahmud Asrar

Jeremy Bastian

Simone Bianchi

Brian Bolland

Laura Braga

Mark Buckingham

Laurence Campbell

CB Cebulski

Howard Chaykin