• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

London Super Comic Convention, 20th & 21st February 2016

274 posts in this topic

This will be my first London Comic Con, so random question to the veterans: Do many of the sellers at the show accept credit card payments? Or are they mainly cash only? Just trying to figure out how much Euros I'll need to exchange to Sterling hm

Many of the larger dealers will have credit card facilities but I would bring some cash in case you want to buy from any of the smaller dealers.

Cool, thanks! (thumbs u

You also might need some for commissions in Artists' Alley. Just a thought.

Yeah that's mainly why I'm asking because I'm on the commissions lists of Gary Frank and Alex Maleev, so will need cash for those guys, as well as any other artists I'd like sketches from...which most likely will not leave me with much cash left for comics.

There are also a number of Cash machines in the ExCel centre if you need more cash at any point.

This will be my first London Comic Con, so random question to the veterans: Do many of the sellers at the show accept credit card payments? Or are they mainly cash only? Just trying to figure out how much Euros I'll need to exchange to Sterling hm

Graham. :hi:

We'll be set up as usual and accept credit and debit cards. Also, if there are any particular back issue titles you're looking for, let me know and I'll see if we can accommodate. (thumbs u

6 weeks (approx) until LSCC .. leaving it a bit late to announce many more big-name guests? .. maybe just a couple more waves of announcements to come :juggle:

Hopefully, we'll see the likes of Steranko, Hickman, Bendis, Waid, Brubaker, Epting, Remender, Deodato, Ross, Aaron and maybe even Allen Bellman announced :wishluck:

We'll see .. or I might just be spending all my time in the bar ;)

I was just checking out prices for flights and hotels. The questions on my mind are:

Should I just take plunge and come over to Ol' Blighty?

Can my liver survive?

Will Kelly Brook be there?

Questions a plenty.... hm

I was just checking out prices for flights and hotels. The questions on my mind are:

Should I just take plunge and come over to Ol' Blighty?

Can my liver survive?

Will Kelly Brook be there?

Questions a plenty.... hm

The answers are.....

Yes

No

I'm sure we can convince someone to Cosplay as Kelly Brook. hm

Sixth Wave of Guests

Mahmud Asrar Art

Brian Bolland

Steve Dillon

Adi Granov Illustration

Clay Mann

Matteo Scalera

Sean Phillips

Rodney Ramos

Alex Sinclair

Cameron Stewart

J.K. Woodward

And Costume Guests

Aigue-Marine Cosplay

Miss Hatred-Jessica Armanetti

Calssara

Graham. :hi:

We'll be set up as usual and accept credit and debit cards. Also, if there are any particular back issue titles you're looking for, let me know and I'll see if we can accommodate. (thumbs u

Nick! :hi: That's good to know, thanks! I'll defintely swing by your stall :cool:

Brian Bolland! :headbang: I need a commission from him :grin: Anybody know what he usually charges? And is it first come first served on the day, or does he take pre-commissions? (I can't find any contact details for him online)

I've been working on my credit card reading system today and it's back in working order. Unless there is another disaster, I'll be accepting card payment at LSCC. :banana:

Should I purchase the early admission ticket?

If you’re travelling all the way from Canada, you might as well have it large. (thumbs u

Brian Bolland! :headbang: I need a commission from him :grin: Anybody know what he usually charges? And is it first come first served on the day, or does he take pre-commissions? (I can't find any contact details for him online)

I'm Brian's rep and I've had a few enquiries so might be worth posting that Brian does not do commissions outside of a show so definitely no pre-show commissions. He hasn't decided whether he will sketch at the show but any decision will likely be made on the day.

When he does sketch at the show it's pretty much first come first served and there's usually a queue by the time he gets there. Although he does sometimes jump around the line a little if he thinks he can do another request more quickly. Requests are usually limited to head shots or busts.

Hope that helps.

I'm Brian's rep and I've had a few enquiries so might be worth posting that Brian does not do commissions outside of a show so definitely no pre-show commissions. He hasn't decided whether he will sketch at the show but any decision will likely be made on the day.

When he does sketch at the show it's pretty much first come first served and there's usually a queue by the time he gets there. Although he does sometimes jump around the line a little if he thinks he can do another request more quickly. Requests are usually limited to head shots or busts.

Hope that helps.

That's good to know, thanks for the info! (thumbs u

Booths booked!! Flights booked!! Hotels Booked!! Cannot wait to get back to this awesome show!!

We will have our usual supplies booth again!!

Also, same booth last year with Comics!! 40 Long boxes at 2 LBS a piece!!

February can't come soon enough!! Im getting antsy!!

Jeff

Booths booked!! Flights booked!! Hotels Booked!! Cannot wait to get back to this awesome show!!

Jeff

You be joining us all again for food & drink on the Saturday night, Jeff? :wishluck:

Jeff

Awesome! .. I'll be coming by your booth again, Jeff. I've got a lot of "weird size" Foreign comics that I'm going to need protection for :)