• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay seller who is a horrible shipper of comics

79 posts in this topic

Not sure if there's a thread for this already but beware of shipping from ebay seller scottny1237. Maybe he ships multiple comics safely but when shipping a single comic, he used the least possible cardboard that was already quite beat up (not stiff) and ones that were from the corner flaps of a box so that they already bent in one direction. My comic arrived nearly folded in half. Modern VF to VG/FN. Shipping charged to me was $3.50, shipping label said $2.72. He has 100% positive fb at 980 but maybe he's slacking.

I kinda blew up on him for being so careless and maybe I overreacted but his response was to go on the defensive and complain about how expensive ebay fees are and how they take a cut of his shipping cost. So for netting a 78 cent gain on shipping he gets a post on here and possibly his first negative feedback.

I offered him explicit advice on how to properly ship a comic and tried to get him to at least admit what he did was wrong and to at least agree that he won't ship comics so poorly anymore but he kept complaining how rude I was to him and doesn't appear he will do things any differently.

He has offered to accept a return ($1) and even pay for return shipping (hardly worth my time) but if he's going to keep ruining comics like this, I feel like people on here and on ebay should be aware of his carelessness with their purchases and that NM comic they purchased has little chance of arriving in the same condition. BTW, he witheld feedback so he threatened to neg me if I neg him. I'd be ok with a neg as a buyer if it at least warned others of his poor shipping practices. Ah well, maybe this will be an early friday thread. (shrug)

I would just accept the return plus return shipping and don't neg him. Just let it go. All it takes is one or two negatives and you can basically ruin his account; was his behavior really that bad that you want to do that?

He shipped it poorly, but accepted the mistake and offered to take the return plus pay return shipping. On a $1 comic. You admitted that you might have overreacted, so I think the fact that he is willing to refund your money/return shipping is just about all that you can ask of someone.

And he is right on the eBay shipping deal. They take 10% of any shipping the buyer pays as "final value fees" (which is absurd, but that is what eBay does), so his $3.50 was actually more like $3.15 in his pocket minus any shipping supplies. So he was probably losing overall on the transaction, before even factoring in the return.

2c

I would just accept the return plus return shipping and don't neg him. Just let it go. All it takes is one or two negatives and you can basically ruin his account; was his behavior really that bad that you want to do that?

He shipped it poorly, but accepted the mistake and offered to take the return plus pay return shipping. On a $1 comic. You admitted that you might have overreacted, so I think the fact that he is willing to refund your money/return shipping is just about all that you can ask of someone.

And he is right on the eBay shipping deal. They take 10% of any shipping the buyer pays as "final value fees" (which is absurd, but that is what eBay does), so his $3.50 was actually more like $3.15 in his pocket minus any shipping supplies. So he was probably losing overall on the transaction, before even factoring in the return.

2c

Is, the correct answer.

Principle of the matter? Eliminate bad apples? Judge Dredd style nonetheless! :o

He spent $1 on a comic and spent $3.50 on shipping (the label said $2.72!! :ohnoez: ).

What sort of shipping method was expected? Double-boxed?!

And the seller offered a full refund including return shipping and he's STILL not happy? He feels compelled to start a thread to cry about it and have a poll if he should leave negative feedback?

All I can think and feel is... :facepalm:

Principle of the matter? Eliminate bad apples? Judge Dredd style nonetheless! :o

He spent $1 on a comic and spent $3.50 on shipping (the label said $2.72!! :ohnoez: ).

What sort of shipping method was expected? Double-boxed?!

And the seller offered a full refund including return shipping and he's STILL not happy? He feels compelled to start a thread to cry about it and have a poll if he should leave negative feedback?

All I can think and feel is... :facepalm:

Come on bro, that's so extreme I'm obviously kidding.

Tell me again why ANYONE would want to sell on ebay instead of here?

Do people buy and sell $1 books here? (shrug)

To the OP's point - if he offered a full refund including shipping, then that's not worth a neg-feedback at all. He's trying to make it right, and you admit you pushed him into defensiveness.

It's a dollar. Let it go.

btw... is there an existing thread for Ebay-seller issues like this? ??? Not the banned seller list, but just a thread discussing poor shipping?

Just yesterday I had sent this email to a seller on Ebay:

ME: Hello,

The two books I bought from you were packaged very poorly for comicbooks. Neither of the books had a backing board in the bag and the only backing board there was was a single backing board just thrown in outside of the bags.

There was no protection for the books inside of the mailer envelope and they were able to slide all around inside the mailer unprotected, and as a result they now have dented corners.

Your method of packing comicbooks needs to be improved even at the most basic level - like putting a backing board into EACH comicbook bag and then taping those bagged & boarded books to and sandwiched between two larger sturdier pieces of corrugated cardboard with at least one inch border beyond the edge of the comicbook to ensure that the corners and edges aren't damaged by having them slide around inside the mailer envelope.

I hope you take this advice constructively - buyers and comicbook collectors like myself would appreciate it much better.

Thanks,

SELLER: Please keep the books I'm sorry they didn't arrive in good shape I will refund your money.

Thank you for your advice your refund was processed

Definitely earned a positive feedback from me! (thumbs u

I kinda blew up on him for being so careless and maybe I overreacted

This is a problem over a $1 book (over any book really). Just ask for a refund if that is what you want and move on. Why is that you are fine with overreacting and blowing up on someone, but you have an issue with him being defensive? You see the problem with this, right?

I kinda blew up on him for being so careless and maybe I overreacted but his response was to go on the defensive and complain about how expensive ebay fees are and how they take a cut of his shipping cost. So for netting a 78 cent gain on shipping he gets a post on here and possibly his first negative feedback...

You blew up and his reaction was to get defensive?!?!?! WTH is with that dude?!! Get a rope. We need to have a hangin'.

I also like how you say that he's offered to refund you the $1 and shipping if you send it back, but are all indignant that it's not worth your time to ship back a $1 comic....

Don't you think the same thought was probably going through his head when you bought it for a $1? ah dur... :makepoint: